Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 3/26/09 Reds vs Twins

Re: 3/26/09 Reds vs Twins

The several hundred fans who are left are eager for the promised fireworks display after the game. A chant of "let's go fireworks" is heard.

A triple from #73 for the Twins prolongs the game.

Nice effort from Jacque Jones to try and make a spectacular catch in deep left center, his dive couldn't quite get there. That ball was tagged...

2. Turn Off Ads?

96 on that last pitch according to the Twins TV gun. Roenicke is a BIG dude.

Ground ball to 3b ends the game.

Reds win 6-4.

Hope the reading was pleasant.

Have a good evening.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Thanks membengal. Entertaining as always.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Ground ball to 3b ends the game.

Reds win 6-4.

Hope the reading was pleasant.

Have a good evening.
    Hell, I watched the game and enjoyed the pbp by you, membengal. Thanks for the chuckles!

My takes:

Owings was really struggling today, but even so, STILL was able to limit the damage. What more can you ask for from a #5?!?

DRH: He has to make the team, right? I just don't get why everyone is so enamored w/ Bray. Far too inconsistent his whole time in Cincy.

Viola/Roenicke: I like the looks of our BP both this year and going forward. Lots of live arms coming up!

Jacque Jones: Please, just go away. Great effort in LF tonight, esp on that dive, but his bat is atrocious and I just don't see how in ANY way he helps the team (other than his 'veteran presence").

CoCo: Please locate the plate...and soon.

All-in-all, a good game. The pitching is really going to be amazing this year, imo. Should be fun to watch!

Pedro Viola was impressive. His fastball was consistently at 93/94 and he also showed a nice breaking ball. He threw one low and away from a lefty and got him to chase it, though he did hang one later in the atbat. Kid has a great arm. The Reds have some impressive power arms ready to step in soon in Pedro Viola, Josh Roenicke, and Carlos Fisher. That doesn't even include Zach Stewart, who may reach the majors late this season. Then on the other end of the spectrum is Danny Ray Herrera. I like the future of this bullpen.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

BTW, Frazier looked good in his atbat. He took a pitch on the outside corner and smashed it to the wall in right field. Just a great piece of hitting.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Another nice easy power arm for Cincinnati. An easy motion 94 mph popping up on the Twins' TV gun.
    Scouts behind home had his fastball at 92-93 and his curve at 81-82. We were peering over shoulders.

Thanks for the pbp membengal, you did a great job..

thanks for the pbp guys -- excellent job

did Roenicke throw his secondary stuff for strikes?
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

I wonder if Cordero starts the season on the DL and stays in extended spring training to work on his stuff. The Reds have a number of options for the pen to hold down the fort.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?