Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interested in Buying a Reds Jersey?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Interested in Buying a Reds Jersey?

I've been wanting a nice, authentic Reds road jersey for 2 years now. Bought one from ebay last year that stunk. I can't force myself to pay 159.99 plus shipping from mlb.com. I found a good website today that has authentic Reds home, away and alternative (all red) jerseys from 110 to 130, and the shipping is free. It's www.onthefield.com. I haven't received the jersey yet so if anything is wrong with it, I'll let you know but that's a great deal. Just an FYI for anyone looking for one.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Interested in Buying a Reds Jersey?

Great.. Now it comes out! (After my kids paid $180 for my Jay Bruce for Father's Day last year).....

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I bit the bullett last year and bought my first MLB Authentic with a bonus from my then company........ on MLB.com

Bruce it was. I am glad I did it.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I also struggled with putting a player's name on the jersey or not...ultimately I decided against it. Players come and go so often nowadays...the jersey's useless if the player on there gets moved. Of course, if I had gone that route it would have been Bruce or Votto.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I also struggled with putting a player's name on the jersey or not...ultimately I decided against it. Players come and go so often nowadays...the jersey's useless if the player on there gets moved. Of course, if I had gone that route it would have been Bruce or Votto.
    I'd say to get your favorite players name/ number on it, if you get another.

I got mine w/ Larkin on it in his last season - never regretted it.

Nothing wrong with it the other way, though. Just personal preference, I guess.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

^Theres a big difference though in jersey of former player who is no longer playing, and jersey of former player who simply isn't a Red anymore. I would wear a Larkin jersey anyday, and like my Bench replica jersey, but would never wear my Dunn or Kearns jersey again becaus ethey stil l[play, but arent Reds any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    ^Theres a big difference though in jersey of former player who is no longer playing, and jersey of former player who simply isn't a Red anymore. I would wear a Larkin jersey anyday, and like my Bench replica jersey, but would never wear my Dunn or Kearns jersey again becaus ethey stil l[play, but arent Reds any longer.
    Agreed, I would love to get my hands on a Bench, Griffey Sr., or even Davis jersey. If you get a jersey with a current player's name/number on it, wheter or not it is trash all depends on if or how they leave. I have to admit if I had a Jr. jersey I would still wear it and think nothing of it, but there are many other players that have moved on that would be a different story.

I have 2 Larkin Jerseys... which will never go out of style. Instead, they become "Classic". One I purchased on ebay.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Good point. Hadn't thought of it that way, I guess.

Although at the time I got the jersey, I thought he might not retire and maybe play for someone else.

My mom got a Sean Casey at the same time. She just loved that guy.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

The Kid

ive been tryin to get my hands on a griffey jr jersey for the past couple years..i got one from when he first joined back in 2000, it just barely fits so ive been tryin to find another. but i would wear that any time or day..since hes my favorite player and finally played for my favorite team ill always remember that haha

^I would still sport a Griff Reds jersey too, guess maybe he is close enough to retirement I put him in that classic players list. Maybe I see it as Dunn (not picking on him, just an example)is still playing and trying to make a name for himself and his team win, so he is "the enemy" to a degree now since he is trying to help the other guys.

What would be your ideal Reds jersey?

If he plays well at all, I would want a Gomes. Also would be cool to get a Votto.

I would have to go with Phillips, no one enjoys the game more or has more fun playing it.

Larkin/Davis/Rijo/Sabo

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Wayne Krenchicki. Or maybe Max Venable.

Turn Off Ads?