Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Angels interested in Reds pitching?

Re: Angels interested in Reds pitching?

From Buster Olney:

• Just when you thought the Angels' pitching had been ravaged enough by injury, there is this from Mike DiGiovanna: Joe Saunders is coping with a dead arm. No wonder the Angels have dispatched a scout to go see the Reds' Aaron Harang make his next spring start.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...3dolney_buster

If I were Walt, I'd tell the Angels they can have Aaron Harang as long as they are prepared to include Nick Adenhart and Erick Aybar in the deal. I'd settle for nothing less.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Give me a starting pitcher and I'll give you Sarge Jr.? That's not a trade offer, that's an insult.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Give me a starting pitcher and I'll give you Sarge Jr.? That's not a trade offer, that's an insult.
    I presume it`s just bad speculation on the part of Rosenthal. I`d like to think to Walt has enough respect from his peers than offers like that crap suggest.

I don't understand how all of a sudden his Reds pitching staff is the 1969 Mets...with so much depth that they can just trade away a starter. When did this happen? I seriously doubt the Angels would offer anything better than Sarge Jr...so this is a big waste of time.

I just fail to see how Gary Matthews Jr and his ridiculous contract is worth more than a PTBNL, let alone a top NL pitcher coming off one bad year.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    If I were Walt, I'd tell the Angels they can have Aaron Harang as long as they are prepared to include Nick Adenhart and Erick Aybar in the deal. I'd settle for nothing less.
    I don't know that I would do even that. I would take that package for Arroyo, but not for Harang.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    I don't know that I would do even that. I would take that package for Arroyo, but not for Harang.

I 100% agree!!

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    I would normally agree completely and without reservation but.... I do recall something that was posted here recently about a scout saying something about Harangs inside pitch to a LH (the slider?) not being as good as it once was. I know most of us don't want to believe it but it's something that should be considered and watched. If the F.O. feels the same then Harang will get dealt for something and you could do worse than Adenhart and Aybar.

That said I would like to see more of Harang before I come to that conclusion but maybe they have seen enough to be spooked. Homer really has come a long way if they actually make this deal because they have to really believe he has turned the corner to feel comfortable dealing Harang or even Arroyo. I guess we will see what happens.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

If the Reds do trade Harang before opening day, I hope it turns out as well as the last time they traded their opening day pitcher before opening day...

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/mar/31/sports/sp-34684

Turn Off Ads?