Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White Sox Name Dewayne Wise CF, Leadoff Hitter

White Sox Name Dewayne Wise CF, Leadoff Hitter

And we think Willy Taveras is bad?

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotr...white-sox.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: White Sox Name Dewayne Wise CF, Leadoff Hitter

Trade Tavaras to the ChiSox! Good deal for both teams!

Hey, maybe they'll give us Jermane Dye!

Rem

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

PHOENIX - Jerry Owens said he was waived Monday by the White Sox, giving Dewayne Wise the starting center field job and leadoff duties.

"I can't say my performance was helping me at all," Owens said. "Dewayne is a great player and he picked it up the last few weeks. He deserved it."
    Maybe Dewayne learned how to play baseball after he left Cincinnati?

I remember that one time DeWayne hit a triple for us. That's about it.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

I bet the White Sox are glad they dumped that loafer Nick Swisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Maybe Dewayne learned how to play baseball after he left Cincinnati?

Nope, the white sox just can't evaluate talent very well, this thrills me.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    I bet the White Sox are glad they dumped that loafer Nick Swisher.
    Yep. Ecstatic. Considering Dewayne wise is older and had worse numbers last year than swisher, who had a career worst fluke year.
    Baseball is not necessarily an obsessive-compulsive disorder, like washing your hands 100 times a day, but it's beginning to seem that way. We're reaching the point where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. ~Thomas Boswell

Having a life is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Emin3mShady07 View Post
    Yep. Ecstatic. Considering Dewayne wise is older and had worse numbers last year than swisher, who had a career worst fluke year.
    With a career line of .214/.254/.385, what's not to like about Wise? :

.254 career OBP

TWO FIFTY FOUR

i always liked Wise's athelticism. that said, i find him nothing more than a 4th or 5th OFer, but one with a lot of speed and power....just no idea of pitch recognition or the strike zone.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    i always liked Wise's athelticism. that said, i find him nothing more than a 4th or 5th OFer, but one with a lot of speed and power....just no idea of pitch recognition or the strike zone.
    Kind of key to be a success in the MLB....

I suffered through nearly a full season of Mr. Wise playing regularly for the Mud Hens in 2005. He was one of those guys you always hoped was not going to be batting during a rally (or even better actually hoped he was not going to be in the lineup when you got to the ballpark). I saw nothing out of him in his entire time with the Mud Hens ( His line that year, at age 27? .234/.285/.354/.639) . It is absolutely amazing to me that he has a major league job at all. Even fowith his speed, really his only potential asset, he has been successful <72% of the time in the minor leagues. Truly one of the last guys I'd ever imagine landing a starting job in the show out of all the "everyday" minor leaguers I have watched....
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    I suffered through nearly a full season of Mr. Wise playing regularly for the Mud Hens in 2005. He was one of those guys you always hoped was not going to be batting during a rally (or even better actually hoped he was not going to be in the lineup when you got to the ballpark). I saw nothing out of him in his entire time with the Mud Hens ( His line that year, at age 27? .234/.285/.354/.639) . It is absolutely amazing to me that he has a major league job at all. Even fowith his speed, really his only potential asset, he has been successful <72% of the time in the minor leagues. Truly one of the last guys I'd ever imagine landing a starting job in the show out of all the "everyday" minor leaguers I have watched....
    well according to a Chicago Newspaper, someone said Wise "had a different look in his eyes" this spring. So I guess that look can override years of being one of the worst players in the game.
    Baseball is not necessarily an obsessive-compulsive disorder, like washing your hands 100 times a day, but it's beginning to seem that way. We're reaching the point where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. ~Thomas Boswell

Having a life is overrated.

As FCB aptly noted two years ago, it wouldn't ever really be a Reds' season until Dewayne Wise would get called up.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Emin3mShady07 View Post
    well according to a Chicago Newspaper, someone said Wise "had a different look in his eyes" this spring. So I guess that look can override years of being one of the worst players in the game.
    That can also be a sign of jaundice......
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen are made for each other. Neither can judge talent.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?