Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning Arrested for not paying Child support

Browning Arrested for not paying Child support

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Browning Arrested for not paying Child support

So if he was arrested Friday on a $99,000 bond, you could bail him out for $10,000. So why is he still in jail? The Reds ought to post bail unless they are trying to prove some point with him

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    So if he was arrested Friday on a $99,000 bond, you could bail him out for $10,000. So why is he still in jail? The Reds ought to post bail unless they are trying to prove some point with him
    Why should they bail him out?

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

sad state of affairs. if Browning can't do $10,000 in bail, i'm not going to be surprised to find out if he's a compulsive/addicted gambler...i really hope not, he's one of my favorites.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Carolina on the look for a new pitching coach?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Is that picture in the article of Tom?!? Good lord, he doesn't look ANYTHING like I remember him. That's worse than that Nick Nolte jail photo from a few years back. Yikes!
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Why should they bail him out?
    Because he works for them and hopefully they want to help him. The Reds are an organization that probably has 150 million in income a year. $10,000 to them is like $50 to me.

I don't have employees. But I have co-workers. If one of them was in jail with a $500 bond, they'd be out as quickly as I could hit a money machine.

Unless....... they had a problem and needed a wake-up call (tough love).

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Is that picture in the article of Tom?!? Good lord, he doesn't look ANYTHING like I remember him. That's worse than that Nick Nolte jail photo from a few years back. Yikes!

No one is ever going to look good in a booking picture. It's not exactly a 'happy moment'.

Rem

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

True. But I thought I'd at least RECOGNIZE him. That's the first picture I've seen of him since he pitched for the Reds. I guess it was just the shock. Ballplayers aren't supposed to age from our childhood memories...that's just...WRONG. :O)
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    True. But I thought I'd at least RECOGNIZE him. That's the first picture I've seen of him since he pitched for the Reds. I guess it was just the shock. Ballplayers aren't supposed to age from our childhood memories...that's just...WRONG. :O)

That's true. I still look the same as on my baseball card. Of course I was twelve then and now I'm....uuum...well, older.

Rem

PS: I've never done the booking picture or the 'perp-walk' so all of this is hypothethical. :

Haunted by walks

Our friends from Spain will be sad to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Because he works for them and hopefully they want to help him. The Reds are an organization that probably has 150 million in income a year. $10,000 to them is like $50 to me.
    I don't think bailing employees out of jail is something many companies do. I would think most would be far more likely to fire an employee who's in jail than they would be to bail them out.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    I don't think bailing employees out of jail is something many companies do. I would think most would be far more likely to fire an employee who's in jail than they would be to bail them out.
    I would be broke if I had to bail my employees out.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

That's sad. I didn't even realize he was divorced. IIRC, didn't he have 6 or 7 children?

He may not have a gambling or drug problem. If he was divorced during a high income period of his life, he may have an unrealistic payment. He could've also lost money on investments, etc.

I'm not excusing dead beat dads or anything, but there's always two sides to the story.
    I hope he gets back on his feet.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?