Tomorrow afternoon, my wife will be somewhat unwillingly join me in Kissimmee for the Reds-Astros game...I find myself becoming extremely nostalgic about the end of a legacy of watching the Reds in Spring training for many years...

My family matriculated to Florida from Ohio in 1971...my mom is the sports fan in the family...as I began to enjoy the Reds, my mom used to enjoy a "birthday present" by taking our family to a Reds game in tampa each year...I guess my first game was in 1973 or '74 and for a good decade plus, until I was away in college I would go every year...

Now I treat my mom every year for her birthday by taking her and my 2 daughters to a Reds game in Sarasota (last Sunday afternoon against the Rays) and have done so for the last 5 years or so...

Hard to envision being in position either by time or finances able to trek to Arizona beginning next year, so here's to a great game tomorrow and the end of one of the coolest experiences a little kid (or a dad) can ever have-going to see your favorite team in spring training...

FWIW, if anyone is going, I'll be in sec 109, row 1, 3-4...don't cuss my wife for wearing her Yankees jersey (thank goodness she's cute )