Turn Off Ads?

Thread: April Fools Joke

April Fools Joke

The OSU student paper, The Lantern, always does a story or two on April Fools day that is clearly meant to be a joke. On the front page of the paper this morning, it said "Campus closed next year due to construction." And it had quotes from Gordon Gee, the president, and they really went all out... but CLEARLY, this is a joke.

I'm sitting in a cafe, and this girl comes up to me who I don't even know, throws the paper in front of me, and says "OMG, HAVE YOU SEEN THIS!"

She was a freshman, so obviously she has no clue of paper's tradition, so I felt kind of bad when I had to inform her that the campus really WASN'T closing next year, that it was just a prank.

I don't think she cares for me much, I laughed pretty hard.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: April Fools Joke

The future of America never looked brighter.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

We are friggin doomed.

That's beautiful, the Indiana Daily Student always did a faux front page on April Fools.

My favorite involved the weather forecast from the apocolypse.
    I'm pretty sure they did some Knight fired before ya know that was the actual headline.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I left a note for a co worker today that said "Myra Maines called, wants you to call her back"

The Number I wrote down was the Morgue.
    Witty signature.

My sister revealed to the family that she's having my baby.

My son texted me yesterday afternoon saying Bonds had signed with Los Angeles. Not thinking, I texted back asking Dodgers or Angels. Dodgers, he replied, and I wrote something about that being crazy or interesting or some such thing before he wrote back and lowered the hammer - April Fools Day! Little jerk...
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I left a note for a co worker today that said "Myra Maines called, wants you to call her back"

A girl here at work left a note for another girl that Ellie Phant called. The number she wrote down was for the Norfolk Zoo.

The prankee didn't even get that it was a joke, just thought it was the wrong number.

I suggested that if she couldn't reach Ms. Phant, she should ask for Mr. G. Raffe or Ryan Oceros.

Yes, mentally, I'm 12.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post

Ewww, good one. I had to stop and re-read the name just to get it. I bet the morgue didn't think it was too funny though.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

My most memorable April Fool's Day was many years ago when I was driving to work when whatever sportstalk show I was listening to mentioned Wilt Chamberlain was going to try to make a comeback at age 60 or whatever he was at that time...I was so dumbfounded I rear ended a car in front of me....

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

This one takes a while to set up, but it was priceless. All of my drivers are owner/operators who just lease to my company to get loads. Most of the freight comes from internet load boards and some partner agreements I have with other companies who email me when they have loads available. All of the drivers except one have a login for the load boards and I have my email set up to forward the load offers to their email addresses. If a driver sees a load he wants, he has the freedom to book the load, with the understanding that I'm always going to take my cut, so the drivers know not to bid too cheap because they want to make money as well.

One of my drivers had delivered in Indianapolis yesterday and Indy was kind of dead as far as freight goes, so he was thinking of heading home to Virginia. I had received a few email loads from another company and none of them were in the area. I took one of the emails and edited the pick up and delivery cities to show a load picking up in Indy and delivering in Tacoma, WA three days later and forwarded it to him. Since all the other ones are forwarded from my address, it looked like any other load offer. He proceeded to call the company to try to book the load and they didn't have any idea what he was talking about. I think he spent about fifteen minutes on the phone trying to sort it out while the person who answered the phone was running all around the office trying to see who had booked a load to Tacoma and why it wasn't showing up in their system. Then he got off the phone with them and called me saying that a really good load had come across the emails and then the company was claiming that they didn't have such a load. He was pretty confused and just a little disappointed.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    This one takes a while to set up, but it was priceless. All of my drivers are owner/operators who just lease to my company to get loads. Most of the freight comes from internet load boards and some partner agreements I have with other companies who email me when they have loads available. All of the drivers except one have a login for the load boards and I have my email set up to forward the load offers to their email addresses. If a driver sees a load he wants, he has the freedom to book the load, with the understanding that I'm always going to take my cut, so the drivers know not to bid too cheap because they want to make money as well.

One of my drivers had delivered in Indianapolis yesterday and Indy was kind of dead as far as freight goes, so he was thinking of heading home to Virginia. I had received a few email loads from another company and none of them were in the area. I took one of the emails and edited the pick up and delivery cities to show a load picking up in Indy and delivering in Tacoma, WA three days later and forwarded it to him. Since all the other ones are forwarded from my address, it looked like any other load offer. He proceeded to call the company to try to book the load and they didn't have any idea what he was talking about. I think he spent about fifteen minutes on the phone trying to sort it out while the person who answered the phone was running all around the office trying to see who had booked a load to Tacoma and why it wasn't showing up in their system. Then he got off the phone with them and called me saying that a really good load had come across the emails and then the company was claiming that they didn't have such a load. He was pretty confused and just a little disappointed.
    Ouch ORH that's a little bit rough.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I administer a fansite for SimCity 4. Simtropolis has pulled a couple of good ones.
    A couple of years ago, it was announced the website had been sold to EA Games (which makes SimCity 4) - and that all content would be pay. It was, of course, an April Fools joke. Remarkable how many people fell for it.
    This year, the webmaster created a code - when any user went to the home page, a graphic with their name, home town and email appeared announcing that person was to play host to a party...in which ever other member (more than 200,000) were invited. Again, there were quite a few who fell for that one.

Turn Off Ads?