Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual TSATWASWS (2009 Reds Win Total Prediction) Thread

2nd Annual TSATWASWS (2009 Reds Win Total Prediction) Thread

Fellow SunDeckers,

Now is not the time to embrace the past, but, rather, time to forget it. Last year we accepted a challenge, but were found lacking. ORG members thumped Sundeck members by an average of 3.5 games in a contest to see which group truly could foresee with greater clarity and vision the fortunes of our beloved 2008 Reds team. Speaking as one fellow Sundecker to another fellow Sundecker, using words which only a Sundecker can truly relate to - THAT SUCKS!!

But a plan has been revealed to me by the Gods of Baseball themselves. For they are as shook up as we that ORG bested Sundeck and they wish to see the baseball universe put back in order. Last year's humiliation (fluke?) was so momentous that the Gods of Baseball gathered together just outside a small, dark cave and offered sacrifices to the Oracle of Cooperstown. After months of wailing and beating of chests ,the Oracle of Cooperstown appeared and said just one word "TSATWASWS". The Gods of Baseball rejoiced for they knew that revenge would be had. They visited me in my dreams and repeated the plan "TSATWASWS".

And that, fellow members of this learned baseball community, is how we shall have our revenge against the legion of ORG. We shall "Throw Something Against The Wall And See What Sticks!"

So between now and the first pitch on Opening Day every Sundecker, each in his own fashion, should pray, fast, chant, beseech, beg, conjure, entreat and implore. We shall shuffle tarot cards, consult astrologers, make use of Ouija Boards, burn incense, offer live sacrifice, roll stones and bones and dice, invent time machines, shake up magic-8 balls and use whatever means is necessary to divine the Sacred Number.

And when your Sacred Number has been revealed to you, make haste and write it down in this thread for safekeeping.

And when the numbers are tallied on both sides and the games have been played it will be known far and wide that SunDeck > ORG!

My Sacred Number: 82
    How number was divined: This is the year I got married. (Aww)
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-01-2009 at 02:45 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Re: 2nd Annual TSATWASWS (2009 Reds Win Total Prediction) Thread

I'll go with 85 (the year I first really got into baseball and the Reds).

I was going to go with 88 (the year of my first Reds game) but thought it to be a tad too ambitious and scaled things back a wee bit.

shouldnt this be like a poll or something>?

Who keeps track of this.

Anyway my number is 71

I think we go .500.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    shouldnt this be like a poll or something>?

Who keeps track of this.

Anyway my number is 71
    I will add up all the predictions and post the results. Then this thread will probably be moved to the Predictions Archives if anyone wishes to revisit it.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Mark me down. I say 80 wins even.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Two months ago, I'd have predicted lower...but I'm feeling a positive vibe. Or maybe that's just my lunch.

I'm going with 82 wins.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I am throwing 84 wins against the wall. Let's hope they all stick like well-done spaghetti.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

As Rickey Henderson said on the 1990 World Series video: "This must be they year or somethin..."

90 wins. That's right. I said it.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

82-80... first winning season in like forever!
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

86.... you have it here.

81 wins. How did I divine that number? That's the top speed of fastball. Yes... I could bring it.

70 wins. Were just not going to score enough runs and play enough defense to win that many 2-1 type games.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

78. We'll be like 75-76 with around 2 weeks left and blow it due to lack of hitting.

I'm with Cant Touch This, I'll go 90. There will be a winner in the Reds' near future, I guess I'm banking on this being that year.

Turn Off Ads?