Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Re: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    We still could have a strong frontline "if" PP comes back. Then you would be looking at Patterson/Cousins/Stevenson/Pilgrim. I think alot are going to be surprised at Pilgrim's play.
    Don't forget the premier signing from last spring... Josh Harrelson!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Don't forget the premier signing from last spring... Josh Harrelson!
    I thought you weren't talking hoops again until practice jerseys were being worn? It's baseball season ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I thought you weren't talking hoops again until practice jerseys were being worn? It's baseball season ya know.
    No more recruiting talk for me. Harrelson has actually played in an SEC game. Whether he deserved to or not...

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    No more recruiting talk for me. Harrelson has actually played in an SEC game. Whether he deserved to or not...
    Ah, okay. Speaking of Harrelson, will he still be on the roster next year? I can't see him getting much playing time with The Recruiting King at the helm.

What would be really interesting is if both Meeks and Patterson leave and Kentucky is led by two (Wall, Cousins) or three (add Henry) freshmen, intent on being one and done. Could make for a trainwreck of a season or a Final Four.

And, BTW, Meeks is a Top Five player in America if he returns. To say Henry is better is ridiculous. He may have talent, but the proof, as they say, is in the pudding and Meeks is a souffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    What would be really interesting is if both Meeks and Patterson leave and Kentucky is led by two (Wall, Cousins) or three (add Henry) freshmen, intent on being one and done. Could make for a trainwreck of a season or a Final Four.

And, BTW, Meeks is a Top Five player in America if he returns. To say Henry is better is ridiculous. He may have talent, but the proof, as they say, is in the pudding and Meeks is a souffle.
    Meeks top five??? No way.

Henry is better.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Dont know if reported on here or not but WHAS radio just said...Cousins has announced he is KY bound while Orton has asked out of his letter. Said he is still considering Ky.

If already posted...sorry.

Just seen it ..omit this post if you like.
    Actually according to Orton's dad there has been no release or ask for one. I think Evan Daniels and Jody Demling jumped the gun on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Meeks top five??? No way.

Henry is better.
    Sorry, but if you held a gun to my head and told me to choose Meeks or Henry, I would take Meeks.

Henry is more pro-ready, but he doesn't have the experience of playing in college. If you need proof of what an experienced college team can do, go back and watch Monday night's championship game. UNC was superior because they had pivotal leaders at key points in the game.

FWIW, for everybody saying we would have senior leadership out the wazoo next season, if Patterson and Meeks leave and the major minutes go to Wall, Henry, and Cousins(assuming they all come, which wont happen), where is the senior leadership going to come from? Perry Stevenson? I realize Cal took Memphis to the championship game on the back of Derrick Rose, but for the most part, you need a senior clutch performer.

Meeks will be an All-American if he returns next season, it's just a matter of first or second team.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Dribble drive offense? Xavier Henry all day. Easy. Meeks' handles are actually quite weak.

I'll wager Henry never scores 24 a game either. Nor anywhere close, for that matter.

I'll wager Henry never scores 24 a game either. Nor anywhere close, for that matter.
    Pretty weak comparison considering the roster last season with what they'll have next year.

Okay, how about this one: Henry will never be a 2nd All-American while at UK. Meeks, if you will recall, was one this past season.

Okay, how about this one: Henry will never be a 2nd All-American while at UK. Meeks, if you will recall, was one this past season.
    Well he'll most likely be a lottery pick after his first season. Meeks won't attain that prestige after four years.

Well he'll most likely be a lottery pick after his first season. Meeks won't attain that prestige after four years.
    That really doesn't amount to much unless you are Carmelo Anthony.

I'd love to see the road to the NBA run through Lexington, but I'd also rather have a championship more.

Pretty weak comparison considering the roster last season with what they may have next year.
    Had to fix that for you. Because we may be hearing from you that Henry is lazy and plays no d and wouldn't fit in Cal's system if he signs with Kansas.

Turn Off Ads?