Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Re: UK Thread Part Deaux

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    From what I've read this morning about Billy's former 09 recruits, it sounds like Vilarino is out, Hood is in and Orton is supposed to decide over the weekend. Is that about right?
    Right on the nose. You will be a Kentucky fan before you know it. We are getting you sucked into it good aren't we?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    You will be a Kentucky fan before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    From what I've read this morning about Billy's former 09 recruits, it sounds like Vilarino is out, Hood is in and Orton is supposed to decide over the weekend. Is that about right?
    Pretty much. I see Orton staying though.

Right now I am about 75% on Cousins coming to Kentucky, 50% on Wall, and 25% on Henry.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Coming soon to Lexington (possibly in the old Rick Pitino italian restaurant)

http://memphismenusonline.com/cals_c...teakhouse.html

Theoretically speaking.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Pretty much. I see Orton staying though.

Right now I am about 75% on Cousins coming to Kentucky, 50% on Wall, and 25% on Henry.
    So Orton is more of a pure C, while Cousins is a SF/PF? Seems like those two could eat each others minutes.

Wall has to be the #1 priority for Cal. If he can get him everything after that is gravy.

Memphis Roar has added more detail to that article.

In addition, Theus has direct connections to Otis Hughley (DeMarcus Cousins’ high school coach at LeFlore) and the state of Alabama as a whole. Some interesting possibilities with the vacant head coaching position are now opening up. Both of these hires would be that “wow” hire that Alan Graf described to The Commercial Appeal two days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    So Orton is more of a pure C, while Cousins is a SF/PF? Seems like those two could eat each others minutes.

Wall has to be the #1 priority for Cal. If he can get him everything after that is gravy.
    Orton would be more interchangeable with Patterson in Cal's system (the one center).

Cousins, on the other hand, would be able to play in one of the other 3 interchangeable dribble drive spots quite easily, IMO. Along with Pilgrim.

Wall
    Miller
    Cousins
    Pilgrim
    Patterson

My lord, can you imagine how beastly that squad would be?

I don't think it matters what coach Memphis hires, to be honest. Those kids signed up to play the DDMO. If Henry doesn't go to KU he'll be at UK. And it's gotta KILL Bill Self that Henry agreed to take a visit to UK before giving a verbal to KU.

Cousins is just about a sure thing, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post

No. Both are pure centers.

Patterson IMO is more of a PF than a center, but because there really isn't much of a presence in the middle Patterson has been filling that role.

I'm predicting Xavier Henry stays at Memphis. He wants to play with his brother and has a chance to be a Michael Beasley in terms of a great player on an average team next season. If he goes to Kansas, he is buying into Bill Self's system for one year and he may have to share minutes at Kentucky. Memphis makes the most sense.

Demarcus really isn't a pure center, WV. He was hitting 3s in the AA game and he has got EXCELLENT handles. He will have the ability to play a 3-4 hybrid in the League.

I'm predicting Xavier Henry stays at Memphis. He wants to play with his brother and has a chance to be a Michael Beasley in terms of a great player on an average team next season. If he goes to Kansas, he is buying into Bill Self's system for one year and he may have to share minutes at Kentucky. Memphis makes the most sense.
    I agree with you...unless Memphis totally whiffs on their next coach of course.

Both of these hires (Avery Johnson or Reggie Theus) would be that “wow” hire that Alan Graf described to The Commercial Appeal two days ago
    Except, when Graf wrote that article, the 'wow' guys were Rick Pitino and Bruce Pearl.

Re: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

For when the other thread gets closed.
    Actually, this is the third UK Basketball thread of this season. Since I don't know the French word for "three", I'll just change it to "III".

Should point out in discussion from the old thread, North Carolina has now gotten involved with Wall.

I can't see that one happening. UNC made their bed early with Dexter Strickland and now they are going after Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Actually, this is the third UK Basketball thread of this season. Since I don't know the French word for "three", I'll just change it to "III".

I still like the Caliparty Boat

Turn Off Ads?