Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Re: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

The back and forth between UK and Louisville fans is quite entertaining. Truthfully, I don't see how much of an effect one has on the other. They're not in the same conference, and they can both be successful at the same time. It's not like Cal going to UK is going to cripple Pitino's program, and it's not like the presence of Pitino is going to hinder Cal. So one might, just MIGHT, lose a recruit they would have nabbed otherwise. However, they'll just replace that one recruit with another 4 or 5 star recruit and move on.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Good point...

well, perhaps he'll let Crean keep one out of charity.
    I hope so. Tijan Jobe can't do it all by himself next year.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    The back and forth between UK and Louisville fans is quite entertaining. Truthfully, I don't see how much of an effect one has on the other. They're not in the same conference, and they can both be successful at the same time. It's not like Cal going to UK is going to cripple Pitino's program, and it's not like the presence of Pitino is going to hinder Cal. So one might, just MIGHT, lose a recruit they would have nabbed otherwise. However, they'll just replace that one recruit with another 4 or 5 star recruit and move on.
    Agreed. They didn't recruit against each other when Cal was at Memphis so it is unlikely that they will overlap much now. Both are great recruiters and coaches. In the past Cal has pushed hard for the top guys regardless of how long or whether they stay in school. After getting burned several years in a row (Telfair, Donta Smith, Amir Johnson) Pitino has mostly stuck to recruiting top players that will stick around for a few years (Clark, Samuels, Siva). Although, he did flirt with Tyreke Evans before giving up on him his senior year when he started to look like a one year player (and Memphis had him locked up).

Both programs will be great. This just intensifies the fan hatred even more.

Yeah because there are only 3-4 five star recruits every year.

Jeez you should work for the National Enquirer the way you twist statements to mean something totally different than what was implied/meant.
    Geez, you mean like you were doing to me in the first Kentucky thread?

Sucks when it isn't you doing he twisting, eh??
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

What do you insiders know about LeBron's, err...I mean Xavier's, brother and his transfer request? There was a KC Star article that claims they are free to talk to other schools now. I assume this means C.J. can transfer with sitting out a year?

Kansas recruit Xavier Henry received a release from his signed letter of intent to Memphis on Tuesday, according to Rivals.com.

The site also reported that Henry’s brother, a freshman at Memphis, has received permission to transfer in the aftermath of John Calipari’s move to Kentucky.

The Henrys are now free to talk to other schools. Kansas and Kentucky appear to be the main options.
    Last edited by BRM; 04-08-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Geez, you mean like you were doing to me in the first Kentucky thread?

Sucks when it isn't you doing he twisting, eh??
    I've never intentionally twisted anything you've typed.

You made it sound like Roy didn't want/wouldn't take John Wall and that was/is utter bunk.

I will be excited when these guys are actually in uniforms and on the practice court. Til then, it's baseball season. All this recruiting stuff is too gray for me.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I will be excited when these guys are actually in uniforms and on the practice court. Til then, it's baseball season. All this recruiting stuff is too gray for me.
    It's not a black and white world, dab. You gotta adjust dude.

I've never intentionally twisted anything you've typed.

You made it sound like Roy didn't want/wouldn't take John Wall and that was/is utter bunk.
    Which I never said - thats how you interpreted it. Just like BRM and Joshnky interpreted your "5 stars" line incorrectly.

But kept posting that garbage. If you knew the history of Roy and Brian Clifton and if you knew that only recently Wall has been distancing himself from Clifton (at least from afar) then you would understand what changed and why Roy now might be talking to Wall.

And again, its me who doesn't want Wall, not Roy. But we have no chance, cause according to you Coach Cal gets his pick of 5-stars and whatever is left over the rest of us basketball inferiors gets to choose from.

I just hope Cal has the decency to let us know when he is done eating so the rest of us can get to the table early enough to know our rosters!
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    It's not a black and white world, dab. You gotta adjust dude.
    I prefer to watch games than talk about underage boys. Perverts!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Which I never said - thats how you interpreted it. Just like BRM and Joshnky interpreted your "5 stars" line incorrectly.

But kept posting that garbage. If you knew the history of Roy and Brian Clifton and if you knew that only recently Wall has been distancing himself from Clifton (at least from afar) then you would understand what changed and why Roy now might be talking to Wall.

And again, its me who doesn't want Wall, not Roy. But we have no chance, cause according to you Coach Cal gets his pick of 5-stars and whatever is left over the rest of us basketball inferiors gets to choose from.

I just hope Cal has the decency to let us know when he is done eating so the rest of us can get to the table early enough to know our rosters!

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I prefer to watch games than talk about underage boys. Perverts!
    doth protest too much...
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

I interpreted something incorrectly? That's impossible.

part of BBN

Dont know if reported on here or not but WHAS radio just said...Cousins has announced he is KY bound while Orton has asked out of his letter. Said he is still considering Ky.

If already posted...sorry.

Just seen it ..omit this post if you like.
    Last edited by jmac; 04-08-2009 at 04:32 PM.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Given that Cousins is coming and Patterson may stay, how big of a loss is Orton? I don't ask that out of disrespect, but rather because I really would like to hear your opinions.
    We still could have a strong frontline "if" PP comes back.
    Then you would be looking at Patterson/Cousins/Stevenson/Pilgrim.
    I think alot are going to be surprised at Pilgrim's play.

Turn Off Ads?