Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Re: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Methinks young Mr. Wall quite enjoys the cat & mouse games of the recruiting process.
    I give him credit. Most kids commit early and with coaching changes end up reopening their commitments. I think of Patterson two years ago. Imagine if he had committed when Tubby was the coach?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2G4M...layer_embedded

Calipari interview today on CBS. Gotta love Seth Davis bringing up the money and Cal shooting it down real quick.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

part of BBN

Just thinking about where UK would be today "if"....
    I seen some reports that Izzo was a target if Cal said No. Lets say he had of said No.
    Would UK have waited for Izzo to complete tourney run or you think they would have settled for someone else ?
    Dont get me wrong, I am glad he didnt say "no" but just curious on your thoughts....

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2G4M...layer_embedded

Calipari interview today on CBS. Gotta love Seth Davis bringing up the money and Cal shooting it down real quick.

Go Cal.....
    Tell Seth like it is !

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Just thinking about where UK would be today "if".... I seen some reports that Izzo was a target if Cal said No. Lets say he had of said No. Would UK have waited for Izzo to complete tourney run or you think they would have settled for someone else ? Dont get me wrong, I am glad he didnt say "no" but just curious on your thoughts....
    Good question. Also, those who wanted Anderson instead of Izzo... I can't help you. Dude can coach at any pace.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Something to keep an eye on in the coming days:

Where Reggie Theus ends up.

He is being linked to both Memphis and Arizona and also has connections to DeMarcus Cousins. If he lands at either of those jobs we will have competition for his services.

Arizona is getting pretty desperate after everybody has turned them down. I have even heard Josh Pastner being mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Something to keep an eye on in the coming days:

Where Reggie Theus ends up.

He is being linked to both Memphis and Arizona and also has connections to DeMarcus Cousins. If he lands at either of those jobs we will have competition for his services.

Arizona is getting pretty desperate after everybody has turned them down. I have even heard Josh Pastner being mentioned.
    There is more truth to that rumor than you would think. In fact, he is not out of the mix at Memphis either. Most people know that Josh's ultimate goal is to be a head coach--not just a 'recruiting guru' under Calipari.

There is more truth to that rumor than you would think. In fact, he is not out of the mix at Memphis either. Most people know that Josh's ultimate goal is to be a head coach--not just a 'recruiting guru' under Calipari.
    Sounds like Memphis may be down to Plan Z by the time they make a hire. Drew told them no. Allegedly Arizona will make a run at Sean Miller. Something I read from Cousins' dad made me think whoever hires Theus gets Cousins automaticly.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

part of BBN

I seen last night where Henry has picked Kansas on ESPN ( at bottom of screen).
    It still may happen but at least right now, it isnt true per Henry's dad.

Link: http://www.newsok.com/xavier-henrys-...adlines_widget

Miller is apparently headed to Arizona. Being a Xavier fan consists of long periods of contentment followed by being hit in the nuts with a crowbar. Literally none of the names mentioned inspire any confidence.

Miller apparently told the XU executive committee on Friday that he had turned Arizona down. The AD, armed with this info, headed to Detroit for the Final Four. It sounds like everyone was blindsided by his change of heart.

Is it a confirmed story about Miller to Arizona? I had only seen reports that he 'met with' the AD today.

With the way the last two weeks have gone for Arizona, I would not be popping the champagne corks until Miller inked the deal.

Wow, Louisville is more of a basketball school than I gave them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Go Cal.....
    Tell Seth like it is !
    Hey coach Cal...NEVER apologize or feel guilty for being successful. NO ONE would turn down 30 million dollars.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Stat geek...and proud

Is it a confirmed story about Miller to Arizona? I had only seen reports that he 'met with' the AD today.

With the way the last two weeks have gone for Arizona, I would not be popping the champagne corks until Miller inked the deal.
    SportsCenter just said he turned the job down.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    SportsCenter just said he turned the job down.
    Pretty dramatic change of heart. Maybe he just wanted to ride on an airplane.

Turn Off Ads?