Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Re: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Depends on your seats. If you were to say get the seats through U of K's allottment, you'd rather be home. Seriously, from the upper balcony seats you can't tell UK from IU. They're all little dots, its like seeing the game from an airplane, only further away.

Also, on the main level seats, if you are higher than say row 37 I want to say and in the middle of the court, your view is obstructed by the balcony.

Any other seat and its the greatest experience in your life. I had floor seats my soph-o-more(it's how the announcer Chuck Crabb says it) year for Purdue when IU beat the Boilers for the first time in like 6 games. As loud of any arena as I've ever been in aside from the beginning of the Bengals Steelers playoff game..

Also, the new "stand up old people" chant is rather endearing, perhaps the only good thing to come out of the Kelvin Sampson era.
    If I went it would definitely be a purchase I'd make off StubHub or somewhere similar for good seats.

I'd just as soon watch it on my big screen in HD if I don't have good seats to a sporting event.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Who doesn't love a good CALIPARTY?

In other news, CM Newton's son is the new director of basketball operations.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    In other news, CM Newton's son is the new director of basketball operations.
    Do you have a link? I've heard he may be but nothing official has been released. I don't know what a director of basketball operations does. But he couldn't be worse at that than he was being a TV analyst for UK basketball for a number of years. He and Rob Bromley were just terrible.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Do you have a link? I've heard he may be but nothing official has been released. I don't know what a director of basketball operations does. But he couldn't be worse at that than he was being a TV analyst for UK basketball for a number of years. He and Rob Bromley were just terrible.
    http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/45572067.html
    Sources are telling 27 Sportsfirst that Martin Newton, Nike's sports marketing manager and the son of former UK Athletic Director C.M. Newton will be named Kentucky's Director of Basketball Operations.
    Newton has been with Nike for 13 years and prior to working with Nike he worked for Converse for 13 years.
    Our own Rob Bromley had the pleasure of having Martin Newton as the color analyst for 10 years during the big blue sports networks broadcast of uk games.
    Our sources tell 27 Sportsfirst the announcement will come on June 1st....
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Tyreke Evans: John Wall made the right choice

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...-right-choice/

According to his Twitter, Cal was at the Bengals practice today.

Cal is just hitting it perfectly from every angle right now.

He really is, must have seen that Coach Mack made it down to PBS so he didn't want to leave any stone unturned. I think Pitino's courtship with the NBA franchises will really backfire if he doesn't follow through. Cal could literally own the state of Kentucky and all the border regions so well that he doesn't even need to go out of that area.

Of course he still will.

And he'll win.

Bleh.

double bleh
    Last edited by Hoosier Red; 05-21-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: sorry double post

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    He really is, must have seen that Coach Mack made it down to PBS so he didn't want to leave any stone unturned. I think Pitino's courtship with the NBA franchises will really backfire if he doesn't follow through. Cal could literally own the state of Kentucky and all the border regions so well that he doesn't even need to go out of that area.

Of course he still will.

And he'll win.

Bleh.
    I completely agree with the bolded statement, and it is showing right now.

As long as Pitino continues to flirt with the possibility of going back to the NBA, Cal and other coaches will take advantage and use this to sell themselves into the homes of potential U of L recruits. This happened when Pitino was at Kentucky and I believe it is happening right now in Louisville.

I would like to see Cal's next stop be Indianapolis. Louisville has had a stronghold on recruiting in Indiana and it will be crucial in bringing in some of the talent from that state. Of course, that Tom Crean guy will have something to say about it.

Just a guess, but whoever lands Dominique Ferguson will determine which route Indiana preps decide to follow, whether it be UK, U of L, or IU.

As long as Pitino continues to flirt with the possibility of going back to the NBA, Cal and other coaches will take advantage and use this to sell themselves into the homes of potential U of L recruits. This happened when Pitino was at Kentucky and I believe it is happening right now in Louisville.

I would like to see Cal's next stop be Indianapolis. Louisville has had a stronghold on recruiting in Indiana and it will be crucial in bringing in some of the talent from that state. Of course, that Tom Crean guy will have something to say about it.

Just a guess, but whoever lands Dominique Ferguson will determine which route Indiana preps decide to follow, whether it be UK, U of L, or IU.
    That Matt Painter guy up in West Lafayette and that Mike Brey guy up in South Bend will have something to say too.

Not really. Richard Pitino was the "IN" that UL had with those Indiana kids.

I think the Dominique Ferguson recruitment matters in regards to ONE kid: Dominique Ferguson.

I was laughed at by some on this board just a few weeks ago when I said that Cal and Kentucky would be given the responsibility of picking WHICH five star player they truly want to target because kids like Will Barton are going to want to commit and rides will be at an absolute premium.

Not really. Richard Pitino was the "IN" that UL had with those Indiana kids.
    While this is true to an extent, do you really think these kids won't come because Richard's gone? They were coming to play for Pitino not his son. What this does mean (and what has happened) is that Pitino is going to have to focus on Indy and holding the kids together where before Richard took care of that and Pitino could focus his attention elsewhere.

I was laughed at by some on this board just a few weeks ago when I said that Cal and Kentucky would be given the responsibility of picking WHICH five star player they truly want to target because kids like Will Barton are going to want to commit and rides will be at an absolute premium.
    This is still a ridiculous statement.

Turn Off Ads?