Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Re: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

USC is a flagship program as well. That means nothing when it comes to running afoul of the NCAA.

I do agree the guy will have no reason to cheat at UK. His recruiting ability combined with the prestige of the program should mean he can get his players without any cheating.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I especially love IU fans saying ANYTHING. Their privileges to talk about something like this have been REVOKED for at least a decade.
    IU fired their crooked coach at least. And we weren't on these boards regularly defending the knucklehead either. Most of us never wanted him hired in the first place and made that pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    IU fired their crooked coach at least. And we weren't on these boards regularly defending the knucklehead either. Most of us never wanted him hired in the first place and made that pretty clear.
    Here's the thing: Cal's not crooked. Memphis has problems all over their ENTIRE athletics department.

We know that he wasn't involved with Camby.

And those were at smaller schools. I guarantee you every i will be dotted and every t crossed at UK.

UK's not USC, thank God.

Here's the thing: Cal's not crooked. Memphis has problems all over their ENTIRE athletics department.

We know that he wasn't involved with Camby.

And those were at smaller schools. I guarantee you every i will be dotted and every t crossed at UK.

UK's not USC, thank God.
    For your sake, I hope you are right.

For your sake, I hope you are right.
    That's why Sandy Bell is on my permanent Christmas card list.

I don't have faith just for nothing. She is the best at what she does and is meticulous about EVERYTHING across all the sports in terms of qualification and following NCAA guidelines with any situation where there is UK involvement.

I guess it really comes down to:
    1. Did Rose cheat on his SAT?
    2. If he did did Memphis know about it?
    3. If Memphis knew about it did Cal know about it?

I suppose its possible that 1 happened and 2 and 3 didn't. There is no way that 1 and 2 happened but not 3. The only reason Cal would have any problem is if all of those happened and from the facts of the case so far it appears that isn't the case. But we'll see.

This is where things will get interesting,

Kentucky has three recruits who have yet to qualify. If and when all three end up getting the grades to pass, everything is going to be scrutinized beyond measure by the national media.

Also, Pat Forde needs to just sit down and shut up. The guy has been ultimately biased ever since Cal was hired and is even co-writing a book with Pitino.

I actually am more worried about the people traveling to the games than I am about the whole Derrick Rose story, to be honest. That should fall on the shoulders of the compliance officers and the NCAA clearinghouse, NOT on Cal.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    This is where things will get interesting,

Kentucky has three recruits who have yet to qualify. If and when all three end up getting the grades to pass, everything is going to be scrutinized beyond measure by the national media.

Also, Pat Forde needs to just sit down and shut up. The guy has been ultimately biased ever since Cal was hired and is even co-writing a book with Pitino.

I actually am more worried about the people traveling to the games than I am about the whole Derrick Rose story, to be honest. That should fall on the shoulders of the compliance officers and the NCAA clearinghouse, NOT on Cal.
    Nice post. Once again: Thank God for Sandy Bell.

The buck is always going to stop with the Head Coach. You guys do realize that. Even if Cal is completely clean, people will always assume he's dirty because he was the coach at the time. Not saying it's right. It's just the way it is though.

The buck is always going to stop with the Head Coach. You guys do realize that. Even if Cal is completely clean, people will always assume he's dirty because he was the coach at the time. Not saying it's right. It's just the way it is though.
    Allegedly.

I'll be very keen to see what type of evidence the NCAA can bring against Derrick Rose and/or whomever administered his test.

The fact that Memphis has known of this since January and was still willing to pay John Calipari 5 million dollars a year to coach their basketball team should tell you a bunch.

Allegedly.

I'll be very keen to see what type of evidence the NCAA can bring against Derrick Rose and/or whomever administered his test.
    What do you mean allegedly? The incident at UMASS happened and a banner was taken down. People think Cal is dirty or shady because of that. He may not have had anything to do with it but people will still think he's dirty. Now a banner at Memphis may be taken down. If these allegations are proven correct, people are going to assume Cal was guilty. Even if he's completely innocent.

Teflon boss. This guy just has AMAZING timing in leaving places right before they sink.

I just wish poor John Chaney could have gotten a hand on Coach Cal earlier.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

The fact that Memphis has known of this since January and was still willing to pay John Calipari 5 million dollars a year to coach their basketball team should tell you a bunch.
    Not really. IU knew Sampson was a crook and they hired him anyway.

What do you mean allegedly? The incident at UMASS happened and a banner was taken down. People think Cal is dirty or shady because of that. He may not have had anything to do with it but people will still think he's dirty. Now a banner at Memphis may be taken down. If these allegations are proven correct, people are going to assume Cal was guilty. Even if he's completely innocent.
    Allegedly at Memphis.

Wasn't involved AT ALL at UMASS with the Camby situation. Again: LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL

Turn Off Ads?