Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Re: 2009 UK Basketball Thread - Part III

Gary Parrish's latest on the Cousins commitment.

1. What does this mean for Daniel Orton?

There has been speculation that Orton -- the 12th-best prospect in the Class of 2009 who signed with UK under Billy Gillispie -- would ask for a release if Cousins committed to Kentucky because Orton and Cousins are both big men, and if Patrick Patterson were to remain in school UK would have a crowded frontcourt. However, sources close to the Kentucky program told CBSSports.com that Calipari is working to keep Orton on board, and the ideal scenario would be Orton and Cousins enrolling together.

2. What about Xavier Henry and John Wall?

At least one media outlet reported that new Memphis coach Josh Pastner would hire Henry's father, Carl, in an attempt to keep the McDonald's All-American committed to Memphis, but industry sources told CBSSports.com that's simply not going to happen. Thus, Henry will re-open his recruitment and probably choose between Kansas and Kentucky. As for Wall, the nation's top point guard prospect remains uncommitted. But Kentucky is very much involved, meaning there is a chance that Cousins, Orton, Henry and Wall could play together for Calipari at Kentucky, although it's unclear whether that's a likely scenario or merely a possibility.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I'm sure the baby was a huge factor in his decision, but I wonder how much of that decision was the result of an honest, heart-to-heart conversation with John Calipari?
    I believe Porter's father was interviewed and said is was all Michael's decision.

Didn't take long for Cal to get UK's highest recruit since Bogans (I think). IMO, let Henry go to Memphis (unless Meeks leaves) and be THE man and Wall come to UK and run the show. I don't know how a team would react with three freshman all basically on a one year plan to get to the league.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    I believe Porter's father was interviewed and said is was all Michael's decision.

Didn't take long for Cal to get UK's highest recruit since Bogans (I think). IMO, let Henry go to Memphis (unless Meeks leaves) and be THE man and Wall come to UK and run the show. I don't know how a team would react with three freshman all basically on a one year plan to get to the league.
    Henry is likely headed to Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The local guys were talking today about Dominique Ferguson's re-opening of his recruitment and speculated that Ferguson had a chat with Calipari, and Calipari encouraged him to "re-open" his recruitment, which would help save face as opposed to Kentucky rescinding the scholarship offer.
    Wishful thinking on the local guys' part.

Cal wants Dom at UK. I think he'll still end up there. He is already a Cat in his heart. He just wants to get to know Cal and his staff and make sure it is a good relationship. I guarantee you Cal didn't tell Dom Ferguson to re-open his commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post

If you have any shot at Henry you take him. No offense to Meeks, but he's MUCH better than Jodie. Right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    If you have any shot at Henry you take him. No offense to Meeks, but he's MUCH better than Jodie. Right now.
    So Henry should come in and average 25 a game right out the gate, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    On last year's team you take Meeks off the team and put Henry on it and he could do that and much more.

Henry is going to be a lottery pick. He's projected 4th right now in next year's draft class on nbadraft.net.

Obviously, Meeks has the double taint on him of being recruited by Tubby(who we know can't recruit) and playing for Gillespie(who we know can't coach)

Henry however would be recruited by and play for Calipari, who we all know is the new Gillespie(the old Gillespie being of course Gillespie before it was determined that he sucked) when it comes to recruiting and coaching prowess. So anyone therefore who comes in under Calipari will automatically be worth more than a guy who averages a mere 25 points per game.

I knew he was good. I didn't realize he was Lebron James though.

Obviously, Meeks has the double taint on him of being recruited by Tubby(who we know can't recruit) and playing for Gillespie(who we know can't coach)

Henry however would be recruited by and play for Calipari, who we all know is the new Gillespie(the old Gillespie being of course Gillespie before it was determined that he sucked) when it comes to recruiting and coaching prowess. So anyone therefore who comes in under Calipari will automatically be worth more than a guy who averages a mere 25 points per game.
    Oh yeah, that's what I was saying.

I knew he was good. I didn't realize he was Lebron James though.

Yep, that's what I called him. LeBron James.

Roll on, brother!!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

Yep, that's what I called him. LeBron James.
    Sorry WMR. You just seemed to be tooting his horn pretty hard there.

Sorry WMR. You just seemed to be tooting his horn pretty hard there.
    Have you seen the kid play? He can fill it up in every way imaginable.

I **LOVE** Jodie Meeks. I've watched every game he has played for the last 3 seasons. Can you say that? Can Hoosier Red?

You see his scoring average and that doesn't begin to tell the whole story. Jodie is still a very one dimensional player.

While you guys debate Jodie Meeks vs Xavier Henry, should note that Daniel Orton has decommitted.

I'm guessing he was waiting to see if Cousins was going to come or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?