Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jay Cutler finally traded!

Jay Cutler finally traded!

New home Chicago: Broncos ship disgruntled QB Cutler to Bears
    NFL.com Wire Reports

The Denver Broncos have agreed to trade disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears.

Jay Cutler, QB
    Denver Broncos

2008 Statistics
    Passer Rating: 86.0
    Passing Yards: 4,526
    TDs/INTs: 25/18
    The Broncos announced the deal Thursday and said terms would be disclosed later.

NFL.com's Steve Wyche reports that the Broncos will receive first-round draft picks this year and in 2010, a third-round pick (84th overall) this year and quarterback Kyle Orton in exchange for Cutler and a 2009 fifth-round selection.

The Broncos were trading Cutler on his terms, and there was no shortage of teams lining up to take a crack at acquiring the 25-year-old Pro Bowl passer.

Cutler had asked for a trade last month after his relationship with new coach Josh McDaniels soured. Their relationship began to disintegrate when McDaniels broached a potential trade of Cutler for Matt Cassel earlier this offseason

Denver now has 2 1st round picks, a #2, and 2 #3's this year not to mention 2 #1's next year. None of the QB's Denver has, including Orton, is capable of leading the team to the playoffs.
    I have to believe Denver is wanting to trade up to get Mark Sanchez or Josh Freeman.
    Last edited by Handofdeath; 04-02-2009 at 06:42 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

Chicago = Vanderbilt North
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Nice move for Denver.

When I was looking at possible teams the Bears stood out to me as a team that most needed Cutler. That strong arm in the windy city is a must. Great deal for the Bears. And as much as it might hurt the Broncos I like Bowlen's resolve on the issue.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Are they going to need to treat him with kid gloves. He seems thin skinned.

From everything I've read, he's been kind of an idiot about the whole thing.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

So in a few months the Broncos had gotten rid of Shanahan and now Cutler.

Hmm, maybe there is a reason to root for them now.

Anyone think the Broncos would be happy going into the season with Orton as their #1 QB? Me neither. I wonder if they're looking at the K-State QB with their #1, or whether they'd be interested in moving up to the Bengals pick to get Sanchez (or even Stafford if he slips). I'd take both thier #1s for the pick and go either:

#1- Oher
    #1a- Moreno, Wells or Brown
    #2- Unger

or

#1 Oher
    #1a- Mack
    #2- Brown, McCoy or ??
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Finally! Now radio hosts can get back to talking about T.O. and Manny.
    Witty signature.

There just is something about the Bill Belichick coaching chain and relationships. Belichick is a jerk, but a winning jerk. Weiss has alienated many people during his tenure at ND. Mangini had a bumpy ride with Farve and NYJ in general. He started off alienating people right away in Cleveland. Now McDaniels goes to Denver and pisses off a Pro Bowl QB within in weeks.

Im not saying who is right or wrong but it seems like that coaching tree needs a lesson in personal relationships.

Wow...Chicago gave up a TON to get QB who now really has no big-name WR targets.

Our long, national nightmare is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Wow...Chicago gave up a TON to get QB who now really has no big-name WR targets.
    Yeah, this is my biggest concern. Cutler is good, but its hard to be good throwing to the likes of Rashied Davis and god knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Anyone think the Broncos would be happy going into the season with Orton as their #1 QB? Me neither. I wonder if they're looking at the K-State QB with their #1, or whether they'd be interested in moving up to the Bengals pick to get Sanchez (or even Stafford if he slips). I'd take both thier #1s for the pick and go either:

#1- Oher
    #1a- Moreno, Wells or Brown
    #2- Unger

or

#1 Oher
    #1a- Mack
    #2- Brown, McCoy or ??
    Actually I believe Orton will be backing up Chris Simms, I think they signed him recently. Simms might be a good fit for a Pats style offense.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

A expensive price to get the #1 quarterback Chicago has needed for some time. I have to think the Bears #1 picks the next 2 years would be in the middle of the first round, long after the blue chip prospects are gone. Bears management must have thought Cutler was worth the risk.

Turn Off Ads?