Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: Jay Cutler finally traded!

  1. #31
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,623

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Jeff George is a great analogy. Million dollar arm and a ten cent brain.
    Put another way, he had a great arm but seldom could identify the open receiver to throw to. That's not a recipe for success in the NFL.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,515

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    A couple of points:

    *Cutler doesn't exactly have Swann And Stallworth as his receivers.

    *Strangely enough, Vince Young may well turn out to be the best of the big three '06 QB class. What's Matt Leinart done? Football wise, that is.

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    Vince Young is an awful QB. I bet someone says he leads in the win stats like the Palmer thread rofl

  5. #34
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,753

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Vince Young is an awful QB. I bet someone says he leads in the win stats like the Palmer thread rofl
    If you are really comparing Carson Palmer to Vince Young, I think your football talking rights should be revoked for life. Without parole.

    Everyone gets it. You don't think Carson's having a great year. If you really think he's THAT bad then you must not have been watching football for very long, ESPECIALLY Bengals football and you really must have no appreciation for just what Carson Palmer is.

  6. #35
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,689

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Vince Young is an awful QB. I bet someone says he leads in the win stats like the Palmer thread rofl
    What in the world are you talking about?

  7. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    What in the world are you talking about?
    People were trying to say Palmer was having a great year because he lead in the stat "wins".

  8. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    If you are really comparing Carson Palmer to Vince Young, I think your football talking rights should be revoked for life. Without parole.

    Everyone gets it. You don't think Carson's having a great year. If you really think he's THAT bad then you must not have been watching football for very long, ESPECIALLY Bengals football and you really must have no appreciation for just what Carson Palmer is.
    Pretty sure nothing I posted had anything to do with comparing them.

  9. #38
    Administrator Boss-Hog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,075

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Pretty sure nothing I posted had anything to do with comparing them.
    I'm pretty sure your comment that started this side conversation had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

  10. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I'm pretty sure your comment that started this side conversation had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.
    Orly? I started it? I guess starting it doesnt mean being the 1st person to post about it. Starting it must now mean replying to something someone else started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    A couple of points:

    *Cutler doesn't exactly have Swann And Stallworth as his receivers.

    *Strangely enough, Vince Young may well turn out to be the best of the big three '06 QB class. What's Matt Leinart done? Football wise, that is.


  11. #40
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,753

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    The point is, you took a discussion about a completely different topic and just had to get in a jab on your (for whatever reason) favorite target, Carson Palmer.

    I honestly can't for the life of me figure out why any Bengals fan has a problem with Carson Palmer this year. Is he playing at his personal best? Probably not. But as has been discussed, he's in the year after an injury, his line is just now coming together, the team is running the ball more, and they are playing more conservative offense since they have a defense they can trust.

    Then again, maybe I'm just happy to have Carson Palmer even when he's not at his best, seeing as I can remember the days of Jon Kitna, Gus Frerotte, Akili Smith, Scott Mitchell, Jeff Blake, David Klingler, Neil O'Donnel, and the list goes on.

  12. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    The point is, you took a discussion about a completely different topic and just had to get in a jab on your (for whatever reason) favorite target, Carson Palmer.

    I honestly can't for the life of me figure out why any Bengals fan has a problem with Carson Palmer this year. Is he playing at his personal best? Probably not. But as has been discussed, he's in the year after an injury, his line is just now coming together, the team is running the ball more, and they are playing more conservative offense since they have a defense they can trust.

    Then again, maybe I'm just happy to have Carson Palmer even when he's not at his best, seeing as I can remember the days of Jon Kitna, Gus Frerotte, Akili Smith, Scott Mitchell, Jeff Blake, David Klingler, Neil O'Donnel, and the list goes on.
    Why are you having so much trouble with what I said.

    Vince Young is a terrible QB, that has nothing to do with Carson Palmer. I dont know how you think it does. The only thing I said about Palmer in this thread is how people use wins to judge a QB performance. People tried to play the Palmer is having a great year card because the Bengals are winning. I didnt jab Palmer, I didnt even bash him. If you want to feel like someone is getting bashed bring up how I bashed Vince Young.

    Some times I wonder if people actually read post sometimes.

  13. #42
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    2,753

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    I've read plenty of your posts on this subject, and I know exactly what you were doing, no matter how you're trying to make it sound.

    It's looking more and more like you're a Grade A Troll.

  14. #43
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,541

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    All right. Either get back on topic or we'll shut this down.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  15. #44
    Tailm-k
    Guest

    Jay Cutler finally traded

    WHOO HOO THE BEARS GOT JAY CUTLER
    Finally they r spending money n triing to put together a decent team

  16. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Jay Cutler finally traded!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I've read plenty of your posts on this subject, and I know exactly what you were doing, no matter how you're trying to make it sound.

    It's looking more and more like you're a Grade A Troll.
    Or you just continuously get it wrong, which is much more likely.

    Yea you should shut this thread down because apparently not even the mods can understand whats going on around here.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25