Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I think it is time to cut our losses with EE

I think it is time to cut our losses with EE

-Edwin Encarnacion has struggled. Seven errors, .209 average with two hits Thursday.

This spring according to John Fay

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I think it is time to cut our losses with EE

I do think this is his make or break year, but I can't see the Reds ditching him quite yet. In other words, it's not time to cut our losses, but the time could be looming.

Spring stats can be overblown. If those are his stats after April then yeah maybe. I doubt that will happen though. But if his offense and/or defense don't improve this year then 3rd may belong to Todd Frazier in 2010.

He has averaged an error every 6th game in his career!

1) He's actually cut down on errors his last two years compared to his first two years.
    2) Errors aren't the best gauge of someones defense anyway.
    3) Who do you suggest we put at 3rd instead?

Be glad we're not still clinging to Kearns and Lopez.

Maybe we should dump one of those catchers and find a 3rd baseman that can hit!

I know its probaly to late to do it but alot could have been solved if they had made the shift of EE to LF or 1B and moved Votto to LF. Rosales could have played 3rd or signed Wiggington over Tavares. The team would have a completely different - "better" - offensive make up and probaly a little more solid defensivly.

I think if he is struggling come All-Star break time, a change might be made. We have guys available and in the wings that are on the verge of taking over third base. EE needs a good season to keep his job.
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    Maybe we should dump one of those catchers and find a 3rd baseman that can hit!
    You've lost me big guy. The only catchers we have we need. I can't think of any 3rd basemen that are available and that would be an improvement. And EE actually is a decent hitter now with a career OPS of .801 after four seasons plus he only turned 26 a couple months ago.

I'm just one of those that thinks he can be better. Hopefully he will be this year. But he won't be going anywhere for awhile. You can hope that he struggles more and Frazier replaces him mid-season if you want. I'd rather hope EE can realize his potential and forces us to keep him around.

Fwiw, I don't think Rosales or Wiggington would have been an improvement at 3rd. An improvement over WillyT? Sure but we've been over that. What's done is done.

We need 3 catchers? Let's make Micah Owings a 3rd baseman, He can hit and I bet he can throw to first!

We have Hernandez and we have Hanigan. And that's it. If you meant Castillo as a 3rd catcher he's really more of a utility player. Can we try Owings in the rotation 1st?

doesn't he always start the year slow? he will be fine, there are many other things to worry about on this team before EE.

We really should have signed Wigginton. It would've pushed Edwin to succeed, and if he didn't, we would've had an equally as good hitter and a better defender at 3B, that could've created an amazing bench if you sit either of them.

Why Taveras? Why?
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

As bad a Spring as it's been, he's still the teams' best chance at leading all Right-handers on the REDS in both homeruns and OPS. I'll be schocked if he doesn't do both.

Turn Off Ads?