Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Giants release Plaxico Burress

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Giants release Plaxico Burress

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4040009

Wonder how long until Jerry Jones gets him on the phone?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Giants release Plaxico Burress

Doubt Jerry will go for him. But someone will ... maybe Danny Snyder in DC, or perhaps the Bears give Cutler someone to throw to. This is assuming that Burress doesn't do any time.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Doubt Jerry will go for him. But someone will ... maybe Danny Snyder in DC, or perhaps the Bears give Cutler someone to throw to. This is assuming that Burress doesn't do any time.
    I have a feeling that he will do some time. If he doesn't plead down I can foresee him getting a year in jail. He may be best served going the Jamal Lewis and pleaing early and serve his jail time right away.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I'm not sure he'll do time, and if any, probably not for long. I would think he'd get probation and maybe some community service.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I'm not sure he'll do time, and if any, probably not for long. I would think he'd get probation and maybe some community service.
    The Mayor came out and made a huge deal about his infraction and its pretty much widely accepted that he'll be spending some time in the joint.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

New York City lets VERY FEW private citizens legally carry sidearms. They will surely want to make sure everyone sees that the penalty for doing so without the appropriate permit is met with severe penalties. It wouldn't surprise me if the Giants legal team saw the writing on the wall and advised management to release him for this very reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4040009

Wonder how long until Jerry Jones gets him on the phone?
    I guarantee you Jerry Jones won't be calling. After the problems he's had the last few seasons and opening up a new stadium this year, he's not having him.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    New York City lets VERY FEW private citizens legally carry sidearms. They will surely want to make sure everyone sees that the penalty for doing so without the appropriate permit is met with severe penalties. It wouldn't surprise me if the Giants legal team saw the writing on the wall and advised management to release him for this very reason.
    IIRC that is how NYC was cleaned up. They had very harsh penalties for anyone who broke the law.

As for Plax I don't think he will get any benefit of the doubt. The Mayor will make sure that he is prosecuted to the max, unless Plax takes a plea deal. Now that his trial is ajurned until this summer his 09 season is probably done for.

On a side not he just received his 5th speeding ticket in a month in Florida. Apparently he wasn't too fond of the arresting officer.

Turn Off Ads?