Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: From BA: Frazier to LF, Valaika to play some 2B, note on Buck's velocity

Re: From BA: Frazier to LF, Valaika to play some 2B, note on Buck's velocity

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    A good organization would be able to ID which ones will break out and who will fail, thuis being able to trade the one that will regress.
    Waring and Turner are not in the Baltimore organization.

dfs
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Waring and Turner are not in the Baltimore organization.

dfs
    Um what?

does anyone on here go to the mudcats games? I just moved down here to Wilson and I'll be looking to go to some games with fellow Reds fans.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Um what?
    he meant theyre not in the Reds organization.

Does this mean that we're not getting Drew Sutton?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Does this mean that we're not getting Drew Sutton?
    If he were available, I'd bet that the Reds would have picked him up by now. He's one of the Astros' top prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    If you look at how Jocketty has worked over the years, it follows closely to the John Schuerholz model. Minor leaguers are treated not just as future players for your team, but as organizational assets to be deployed to the benefit of the big league team. Let's be real here, it's extremely unlikely that all of Alonso, Frazier, Valiaka, Fransisco, etc. will be Reds -- even if they do pan out. At this point, you want to maximize the value of the most guys you can.

I would not be surprised at all to see the Reds in the trade market for an impact player this summer if they're in the hunt -- Holliday and Bedard come to mind.
    I gotta say as much as I concur with CE on this you bring up an excellent point. The good thing about Todd is if he gets moved to another position I have faith that he will have a much shorter learning curve than the norm, especially since he was a leftside IF for so long. So I am ok with this for now.

But I can't help but think that Dusty has already poisoned Walts mind as to which of these guys has a brighter big league future. Lord knows Walt wouldn't know the difference on his own.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    he meant theyre not in the Reds organization.
    meaning the reds are discarding the guys they don't think can play. \
    The Freel trade doesn't happen without the sweetening from our side and neither Turner or Waring where going to play a real role in this club's future.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    Reds should have moved Frazier to catcher a couple of years back
    I like your thinking. I think had the Reds drafted him out of high school they would have.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    meaning the reds are discarding the guys they don't think can play. \
    The Freel trade doesn't happen without the sweetening from our side and neither Turner or Waring where going to play a real role in this club's future.
    I don't really look at it that way. You have to give up guys you like sometimes. I don't think they gave up, particularly on Turner, that he wasn't going to be a solid player... just that perhaps he was the guy that they had to give up to get the guy they needed.

Dallas Buck, rhp, Reds: Buck’s career has been riddled with injuries since he helped lead Oregon State to the 2006 College World Series title as a junior while pitching through a sore arm that turned out to be a partial ligament tear in his elbow. The injury dropped Buck from a possible first-round pick to the third round, and he’s yet to throw more than 100 innings in a pro season. He had Tommy John surgery midway through the 2007 season that also cost him the first half of 2008, and now Buck finds himself back on the DL with right shoulder inflammation. The latest setback was noticeably frustrating for Buck, who hurled his glove into the dugout after being pulled from a 1-1 game in the fourth inning on Thursday with the injury. Buck’s fastball sat at 87-90 mph and touched 91 with good tailing life on Thursday, though he struggled to throw strikes and miss bats.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...3739#more-3739

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Dallas Buck, rhp, Reds: Buck’s career has been riddled with injuries since he helped lead Oregon State to the 2006 College World Series title as a junior while pitching through a sore arm that turned out to be a partial ligament tear in his elbow. The injury dropped Buck from a possible first-round pick to the third round, and he’s yet to throw more than 100 innings in a pro season. He had Tommy John surgery midway through the 2007 season that also cost him the first half of 2008, and now Buck finds himself back on the DL with right shoulder inflammation. The latest setback was noticeably frustrating for Buck, who hurled his glove into the dugout after being pulled from a 1-1 game in the fourth inning on Thursday with the injury. Buck’s fastball sat at 87-90 mph and touched 91 with good tailing life on Thursday, though he struggled to throw strikes and miss bats.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...3739#more-3739
    Oh wonderful.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Sorry, Dallas.

That really sucks.

Try to stay positive, buddy. There's a lot of us cheering for you.

Does anyone know Sutton's experience at SS? I would guess it is not good. So if Valaika goes to 2nd, where does Sutton play? Third with Bolivar or Richar at SS? The Bats' infield is going to continue to post some high error rates.

This was awhile ago Goya, just bumped to talk about Buck going to DL
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Turn Off Ads?