Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your 2009 Cincinnati Red Opening Day Lineup (per CTrent)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Your 2009 Cincinnati Red Opening Day Lineup (per CTrent)

Reds lineup:
    Jerry Hairston Jr. cf
    Darnell McDonald lf
    Joey Votto 1b
    Brandon Phillips 2b
    Jay Bruce rf
    Edwin Encarnacion 3b
    Ramon Hernandez c
    Alex Gonzalez ss
    Aaron Harang p

WOW!

From Adam Dunn to someone named Darnell. Sounds like a trivia question in the making.

Re: Your 2009 Cincinnati Red Opening Day Lineup (per CTrent)

Darnell McDonald is starting on opening day? Unbelievable. I can't believe he made the team, let alone bat second on opening day. He has a career .331 OBP in the minor leagues, but at least he lacks power. This is a joke. :thumbdown
    Last edited by CesarGeronimo; 04-05-2009 at 02:33 PM.

I hope this is a late April Fools Day Joke by C. Trent. A kid in little league could make a better lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Let me be the first to mention these two things:

A. Dusty's daughter dumped CPat and is now dating Darnell.

B. This lineup will somehow put up 8 runs tomorrow depsite their punch and judy.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

It's for real. Bailey also optioned. Sucks.

At least Duhsty didn't sit Bruce and Votto on Opening Day. That would be so duhsty like
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

part of BBN

I dont know why everyone acts surprised. If Dusty platoons JHJ with Dickerson, which he said he was going to do, then the only absence with Santana on the mound is Tavaras.
    As far as Mcdonald, with Gomes gone, makes sense I guess unless you put Owings out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    I dont know why everyone acts surprised. If Dusty platoons JHJ with Dickerson, which he said he was going to do, then the only absence with Santana on the mound is Tavaras.
    As far as Mcdonald, with Gomes gone, makes sense I guess unless you put Owings out there.
    OK, so how does it make sense for McDonald to bat second?

Yup, because Adam Dunn would "greatly improve" this team.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Yup, because Adam Dunn would "greatly improve" this team.
    Dunn production > Darnell Mcdonald and anyone else we stick in LF this year (it'll be a revolving door)
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Dunn production > Darnell Mcdonald and anyone else we stick in LF this year (it'll be a revolving door)
    Well of course, I don't see how much we're going to be worse than last year without Dunn. . . not to mention, we're not paying him 10 million dollars to miss 3rd base.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Well of course, I don't see how much we're going to be worse than last year without Dunn. . . not to mention, we're not paying him 10 million dollars to miss 3rd base.
    You don't like Dunn and that is cool. You aren't required to. To a degree its like arguing religion or politics. There will never be just 1 camp with Adam. But the facts are the facts. The guy was relevant because he put up numbers that made him a premium commodity in this league. While not without his blemishes, the fact he constantly is brought up shows that he left his mark in the presence of Reds fans minds. I know I'll miss his bat

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    You don't like Dunn and that is cool. You aren't required to. To a degree its like arguing religion or politics. There will never be just 1 camp with Adam. But the facts are the facts. The guy was relevant because he put up numbers that made him a premium commodity in this league. While not without his blemishes, the fact he constantly is brought up shows that he left his mark in the presence of Reds fans minds. I know I'll miss his bat
    It was fun watching Dunn hit 600 foot home runs, but at some point, I want to win a championship. This roster is closer to "winning" than the one we had last year. If people are going to continue to pine for Dunn, then I'll continue to crap on his overrated career here. Sure, he may win for another organization, but it'll be a team who can afford the luxury of Dunn.

MacDonald certainly isn't the answer to LF nor am I suggesting anyone on this roster is, but I don't want to overpay for people to come here to "replace" Dunn. We could certainly be fine next year if Alonso makes great strides and is ready to play sometime in 2010.

Why not just pick a minor league outfielder at random and he'll surpass Darnell McDonald's production?

Quote Originally Posted by CesarGeronimo View Post
    Why not just pick a minor league outfielder at random and he'll surpass Darnell McDonald's production?
    I'll keep beating the drum. I still can't believe that Dorn didn't get an invite to ST. He's ready to hit MLB pitching, and hit a fair amount of HRs in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    I'll keep beating the drum. I still can't believe that Dorn didn't get an invite to ST. He's ready to hit MLB pitching, and hit a fair amount of HRs in the process.
    He did man.

He got several ST at bats in fact. I think he went 1 for 2

Turn Off Ads?