Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your 2009 Cincinnati Red Opening Day Lineup (per CTrent)

Re: Your 2009 Cincinnati Red Opening Day Lineup (per CTrent)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    There's nothing wrong with that lineup. Cutting Gomes is the right thing to do. They don't want Dickerson going against the Mets' Ace Left-hander. McDonald has as good of a chance as anyone at getting on base once in his 3 plate appearances. He'll be pinch-hit for his 4th plate appearance and he'll play decent, if not very good defense in Left Field.

All the right moves were made. Bailey gets to continue towards becoming a 200+ IP starter at the Minor League level until he's ready to step in as a starter for the REDS. Herrera's pitched great (I assume he was kept on the roster as I don't know that, yet.), while Bray isn't quite ready.

Hairston isn't quite ready, and thus McDonald's start.

I'm just happy as a lark that Gonzales is in the lineup on Opening Day. That was the biggest question mark during the off-season.

Go REDS!!!
    I believe it's Hairston in left tomorrow and McDonald in center. Here's what's wrong with that lineup - the fact that the Reds don't have a better backup for Tavaras than McDonald is ridiculous. They needed to pick up another righthanded outfielder with some pop and didn't do it. If Gomes wasn't good enough, they needed to get somebody else. So now they've got McDonald starting in center tomorrow. This bench is terrible. That may be fine with you. It's not fine with me.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Still don't like that we are going with a banged up Arroyo over Homer Bailey. Just so frustrating
    Unless Arroyo is injured enough for a DL stint, there is no other choice.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    This is the most punchless 25 man roster I think I've ever seen.
    Really? I can direct you to some recent Royals, Giants and Pirates teams that I feel were much worse.

There's nothing wrong with that lineup. Cutting Gomes is the right thing to do. They don't want Dickerson going against the Mets' Ace Left-hander. McDonald has as good of a chance as anyone at getting on base once in his 3 plate appearances. He'll be pinch-hit for his 4th plate appearance and he'll play decent, if not very good defense in Left Field.

All the right moves were made. Bailey gets to continue towards becoming a 200+ IP starter at the Minor League level until he's ready to step in as a starter for the REDS. Herrera's pitched great (I assume he was kept on the roster as I don't know that, yet.), while Bray isn't quite ready.

I'm just happy as a lark that Gonzales is in the lineup on Opening Day. That was the biggest question mark during the off-season.

Go REDS!!!
    I couldn't agree more.Gonzales making it to Opening Day is a big surprise to me and is a big step in the right direction for this season to be a good one.He still has to prove he can stay in the lineup but this is a good start.No Kepp or Hariston Jr. at SS is a big improvement from last season.

I would like to see Gomes go to AAA and get hot like Hariston did last season.He hasn't had a lot success the past few years and could really use the ABs to get his swing right and build confidence.Hope he takes the job.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfever09 View Post
    I would like to see Gomes go to AAA and get hot like Hairston did last season.He hasn't had a lot success the past few years and could really use the ABs to get his swing right and build confidence.Hope he takes the job.
    Since they cut him for Darnell "Golden AAArches" McDonald, I would think that Gomes got the hint of what the FO thinks about him. Look for him to go elsewhere, imo.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Its officialy Opening Day.Can't wait for the game.

My prediction is that we loose.We are going up against one of the teams favored to win the WS and one of the best arms in the game.My hope is that Harang can keep us in the game and we can sneak away with a late inning win but don't see it happening.Still.............GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even sleep. I am supposed to leave for Cincinnati at 7:00 in the morning, but I can't shake the excitement that is Opening Day.

The greatest thing about it is that even though The weather will be awful, the lineup is not our best (argue that all you want), and I have to drive 3 Hrs just to get to the game.......There is not a place in the world that I would rather be at 1:10 tomorrow afternoon than at Great American Ballpark in section 413 Row K seat 15 or 16 (Depending on which seat My old man wants). I am only 20 years old, but this is a tradition in my family, as I am sure it is in most of yours. Skipping class and work to see the 1st franchise in baseball Open up the season is by far the best day of the year, every year. I love being a part of REDS nation, and I am sure you are too. So here is to the 2009 Cincinnati Reds.....May it be a year of great baseball in the Queen City, and give the Reds' fans from all over something to cheer about come October. I hope you all are as excited as I am.
    GO REDS!!!
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Hey fugowitribe, I'm with you. I've been complaining all day about the Reds' moves today, but I'm still really excited about the start of the season and am having trouble getting to sleep before leaving for Cincy early in the morning.

Go Reds- Say what you want, but I'm excited about the Reds for the first time in 5+ years.

I've heard the term "dark horse" in relation to the reds for years now, at least since Willie Mo was turning heads and it has gotten me over excited at this time every year; last season finally broke my heart. I'm going to need to see proof of improvement.

Go Reds, in 2009 and forever.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

fugowitribe--I agree with most everything you posted. Opening Day is my Christmas, Thanksgiving and July 4th all wrapped into one. I am much older than you and am still like a kid unable to sleep the night before Opening Day....Go REDS!

Go REDS!!!
    And here I thought I was the only eternal optimist on these boards. Or maybe everyone else is just that negative about Dusty.

McDonald deserves a shot based on the spring he had. This is not the end of the world, we're talking about mostly bench players here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Dunn production > Darnell Mcdonald and anyone else we stick in LF this year (it'll be a revolving door)
    maybe true. But the attitude in the locker room. Much more focused.

.....and guess who scored the only run today and had one of only 3 hits against Santana...

.....drum roll please.....

Old McDonald had a hit.....ee yi, ee yi, oh.

You never know what's going to happen during any "one" game.

This lineup was unacceptable for most any day of the season, let alone opening day. Who's this Darrell Darrellson guy and why did Dusty bat him 2nd?

Turn Off Ads?