Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2009 NASCAR Thread

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

2009 NASCAR Thread

In addition to obviously being a big Reds and baseball fan---I am also a pretty big Nascar fan....so I figured, what the heck, let's start a thread. To get it started---I think Jeff Gordon will win this year's Sprint Cup and that Dale Jr. will barely get into the top 12 for the chase, my favorite driver is Mark Martin, though I hate seeing him drive a Chevy.

So there you go, post your thoughts, faves and picks for the rest of the season. I am interested in seeing how many RedsZoners are also Nascarheads....

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: 2009 NASCAR Thread

I root for David Gilliland... #71 car for TRG Motorsports.

Funny b/c rooting for the #71 in NASCAR (and for fans of about 35 other drivers) is like rooting for the REDS in MLB. Competitive in-balance. NASCAR is probably worse than MLB in that sense and I see it as a real problem. The same ol' same ol' gets tiring. A few teams with big bucks and support (and sponsorship)... and then all the others.

Most NASCAR drivers (save a few of them) are interchangable IMO. It is the cars, parts and crews (see $$$$) that make the difference.

Yeah, rooting for Gilliland is a little different. I kind of disagree with you about the interchangability of NASCAR drivers, at least for the first 15 or so. I really do think drivers like Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin (who has done it) could improve the fortunes of the bottom feeder teams if they had to drive for them....on the opposite side, I think Michael Waltrip could bankrupt a top notch team like Hendricks all by himself....

Any reaction to the wild finish in Talledega??? Any?? C'mon---even if you dont like Carl Edwards (which I dont); you have to like his "Ricky Bobby" finish...

Turn Off Ads?