Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Common sense prevails (finally) in Ohio

Re: Common sense prevails (finally) in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Hopefully this will cut down on the insanity that is one truck passing another truck, taking up both lanes of travel in one direction on a four lane interestate, with one doing 55 MPH and the truck in the "high speed" lane passing at 55.5 MPH.

I once sat behind two trucks passing one another for almost 7 minutes (I timed) on I-75. When the pass finally finished, traffic was backed up at least 25 cars deep in both lanes.
    Hands down my biggest pet peeve. I firmly believe they should lose their licenses in situations like this. It's not funny, it's very dangerous.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    And yeah Atlanta is really insane. I'd heard stories, but it was still shocking to see people driving so aggressively. I'm the guy that never goes more than 5 over though, so it was probably especially weird for me.
    It's all you gosh darn carpet-baggin' transplanted Yankees who think you can't go more than 3 miles an hour over the speed limit. If yer gonna pass someone, then by golly, PASS them! Don't be afraid of that big pedal underneath yer right foot. Take the snow chains off and let 'er rip, baby!

And those 8 lanes headed north and 8 other lanes headed south are all a function of our hard earned tax dollars. The DOT put the lanes there, so we'd be nothing but a bunch of ingrates if we didn't use as many of them as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    On the interstate that I take everyday, the speed limit is 65 and many trucks go much faster than that. And while I've seen plenty of cars pulled over in speed traps, I've never seen a semi get stopped.
    My companies drivers are always being stopped, although its not for speed usually. Most of the time it's being checked for overweight. Multiple jurisdictions in my area have scales, so they're always on their CB's or phones trying to avoid the scale vans.

It's pretty much a fact of life for the guys to get stopped and "DOT-ed" a couple of times a year. I don't drive the big trucks (I have a CDL) too much anymore, so I don't have to deal with it on a regular basis.

When I do drive one of our CDL trucks, though, I'll certainly be delighted to drive 65
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    It's all you gosh darn carpet-baggin' transplanted Yankees who think you can't go more than 3 miles an hour over the speed limit. If yer gonna pass someone, then by golly, PASS them! Don't be afraid of that big pedal underneath yer right foot. Take the snow chains off and let 'er rip, baby!
    Oh, I didn't do much passing there. I stayed in the right hand lane whenever possible.

Which generally just meant there'd be a semi not happy with the 75mph I was doing and riding my bumper, which coming from Columbus, Ohio was kind of terrifying at first.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Turn Off Ads?