Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Former Reds on OD Rosters

Former Reds on OD Rosters

Just for fun, thought I'd take a look around the big leagues and see how many players have popped up elsewhere. If there's any I missed, please feel free to add on! I've got 34 total, with the lenient inclusion of Grant Balfour.

AL
    BALTIMORE (2): Chad Moeller, Ryan Freel
    BOSTON (0)
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX (3): Corky Miller, Paul Konerko, DeWayne Wise
    CLEVELAND (0)
    DETROIT (0)
    KANSAS CITY (1): Jose Guillen
    LOS ANGELES ANGELS (1): Dustin Moseley
    MINNESOTA (1): Brendan Harris
    NEW YORK YANKEES (0)
    OAKLAND (0)
    SEATTLE (2): Russell Branyan, Ken Griffey Jr.
    TAMPA BAY (1): Grant Balfour
    TEXAS (2): Eddie Guardado, Josh Hamilton
    TORONTO (1): B.J. Ryan

NL
    ARIZONA (2): Scott Schoeneweis, Felipe Lopez
    ATLANTA (1): David Ross (DL)
    CHICAGO CUBS (1): Ryan Dempster
    COLORADO (0)
    FLORIDA (2): Jorge Cantu, Cody Ross
    HOUSTON (3): Brian Moehler, Jeff Keppinger, Aaron Boone (DL)
    LOS ANGELES DODGERS (0)
    MILWAUKEE (1): Todd Coffey
    NEW YORK METS (0)
    PHILADELPHIA (0)
    PITTSBURGH (1): Phil Dumatrait (DL)
    ST. LOUIS (4): Ryan Franklin, Kyle Lohse, Dennys Reyes, Jason LaRue
    SAN DIEGO (0)
    SAN FRANCISCO (2): Jeremy Affeldt, Rich Aurilia
    WASHINGTON (3): Adam Dunn, Austin Kearns, Dmitri Young (DL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks
    I'm convinced Jay Bruce could homer every single time up the rest of the spring and cure cancer in his spare time and still not make the team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Former Reds on OD Rosters

Probably the most surprising thing about this list is that there's a team with more former Reds than the Nationals.

Felipe Lopez started the Diamondbacks season with a leadoff homerun today.

Two homeruns now for Felipe.
    Last edited by Chris Sabowned; 04-06-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Updating game in progress
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

Keppinger records game-winning hit: Jeff Keppinger found a quick way to endear himself to his new team: He won a game in his first at-bat. Exactly one week after being traded to Houston, Keppinger hit a broken-bat single in the 10th inning off closer Kevin Gregg that gave the Astros a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night. It was Keppinger's first game with the team after being acquired from the Reds. He batted .140 for Cincinnati this spring. "It's definitely a good welcome and hopefully I can keep doing it," Keppinger said.
    (Updated 04/08/2009).

Kepp is the Hal Morris of SS's.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Nationals just lost 3 in a row to the Marlins. Typical Bowden-constructed team of all hit, no pitch. Dunn with a bases loaded walk in the 9th, and Kearns lined out with the bases loaded to end it. Their starting pitching is horrible. Their staff gave up 8, 12, and 6 runs to the Marlins in the series.

Hanrahan is one of my fantasy closers, but at this rate, his save chances this year are going to be few and far between.

Funny to contemplate whether or not you'd want to keep the current team or craft a new one out of only these guys. I'll take the current roster, but there are actually more gems in this patch that I though there'd be.
    Brian

Editor StorageReview.com - SSD & HDD Reviews

Don't know whether he counts, but Justin Turner is on the Norfolk Tides roster. He had a very good spring batting .295, with an OBP of .340. He also hit 3 home runs and got 10 RBI's. I have a feeling that the Reds will wish they hadn't gotten rid of him in about a year.

The Nationals added Ron Villone to their AAA club last Friday.

ATLANTA -- The Nationals continue to add insurance to the organization by signing left-hander Ron Villone to a Minor League contract on Friday. He will play for Triple-A Syracuse and be its only left-hander out of the bullpen.

Washington added Villone in case one of the team's three left-handed relievers -- Michael Hinckley, Wil Ledezma or Joe Beimel -- falters in the bullpen. Acting general manager Mike Rizzo declined to comment for this story, and Villone was unavailable for comment.

Villone is a 14-year veteran who has played for 11 Major League teams, including the Yankees, Cardinals and Blue Jays. He is 56-59 with a 4.75 ERA during his career. Last year, Villone played with the Cardinals and had a 4.68 ERA in 74 games. The southpaw was a non-roster invitee this spring with the Mets, but did not make the cut.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

No doubt the Nats have already inquired as to the status of Steve Parris.

Turn Off Ads?