Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ali, Aaron & Cosby to be honored at Civil Rights Game

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Ali, Aaron & Cosby to be honored at Civil Rights Game

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4052340

CINCINNATI -- Muhammad Ali, Bill Cosby and Henry Aaron have been chosen by Major League Baseball for this year's Beacon Awards, to be presented as part of this year's Civil Rights Game.

The game originated in Memphis, Tenn., in 2007 as an exhibition and will be played during the regular season for the first time on June 20, when the Cincinnati Reds host the Chicago White Sox.

Baseball officials say the awards are intended to honor individuals whose lives are emblematic of the civil rights movement. The honors will be presented at a luncheon before the game.

Previous Beacon Award winners include filmmaker Spike Lee, actress Ruby Dee and baseball Hall of Famer Frank Robinson.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Ali, Aaron & Cosby to be honored at Civil Rights Game

I'm very happy that I have tickets to this game. Those are some big names, and it should be exciting to see them pre-game.

Wonder if any of the them will be signing for fans before the game? Probably not, but it'd be great if they did.

Turn Off Ads?