Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Champions League

Champions League

Did anyone else catch the ManU v. Porto match? What a great game with alot of back and forth. I would love to find out how many goals United has scored at Old Trafford in the 80+ minute. It seems like thety score them in every game. The number would seem to be staggering. But, Porto's late answer was an absolute dagger. I can't wait for the return leg.

Also, Adebayor's goal vs. Villareal was one of the reasons that soccer is such a great sport. No other sport requires that sort of acrobatics. Simply outstanding.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Champions League

Liverpool is falling apart. Giving up 3 goals as Anfield is tough to believe. Chelsea should have scored at least two more, Drogba messed up two good chances.

Adebayor's goal was stunning. As a long-time Arsenal supporter, I must say it is the best I've seen for the Gunners. This season has been so gratifying...watching the young guys no one gave a chance scrap and claw to hang onto a European spot for next year has been great.

this season for Arsenal is great. Although we've fallen behind in the premier league we're still in the FA cup (crossing fingers for this saturday) and now we're in the champions league semis!
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

Quote Originally Posted by reds2221 View Post
    this season for Arsenal is great. Although we've fallen behind in the premier league we're still in the FA cup (crossing fingers for this saturday) and now we're in the champions league semis!
    Chelsea are listed at 7/1 favorites right now. Sounds about right, but you never know. Perhaps we'll catch lightning in a bottle?

I have to say, this has been the most exciting non-World Cup/Euro month of soccer that I've ever seen. Look at these games:
    3-2 United over Villa, great game (EPL).
    4-4 Liverpool vs. Arsenal - 4 goals for Arshavin (EPL)
    2-2 United vs. Porto - Porto played very well. (CL)
    1-3 Liverpool vs. Chelsea (part 1) - 3 goals at Anfield? (CL)
    4-4 Chelsea vs. Liverpool - 4 goals at Stamford Bridge? (CL)
    Today..United was down 2-0 to Spurs at 55:00 in the second half. They now lead 2-4... (EPL)

Unreal

I like Arsenal's chances for the upset against Man U tomorrow. Cesc is in form.

Chelsea managed to escape Barcelona with a 0-0 draw, but there's little doubt as to which is the better team. Barca's going to find the net in the second leg.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post

Chelsea managed to escape Barcelona with a 0-0 draw, but there's little doubt as to which is the better team. Barca's going to find the net in the second leg.
    Chelsea is lucky, they were pressed against the wall for most of that match.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Chelsea is lucky, they were pressed against the wall for most of that match.
    Yeah, there had to be at least half a dozen through balls for Barca that only needed a touch.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Makeshift defense with Sagna playing an unfamiliar position (left back), a central pairing of Toure (fine) and United paceless double agent Silvestre, and that insufferable headless idiot Eboue. At least Almunia is back fit.

I think United win, I just hope we can (a) score and (b) keep the margin down enough to have a chance next week.

Watching it right now while doing some work on the laptop.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Giggs called offside, otherwise Man U goes up 2-0. Technically he was offside, but he was still in contact with the last line of the defense. IMO, you should be called offside unless there's separation between you and the last defender.

Turn Off Ads?