Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day photos

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Opening Day photos

I recently got a new camera and I was trying it out at the ballpark today. These photos were taken from pretty high up in the upper deck. I was pretty happy with the zoom this one has.

The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opening Day photos

The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Great pictures!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Very good.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

So good, in fact, the first one is my wallpaper.

What camera? Impressive zoom, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    What camera? Impressive zoom, wow!
    It's a Fuji Finepix S1000. Not a very expensive camera, but it has a 12x optical zoom.

Really great pics! The first one looks awesome.

You know, no matter how often I look at it, the "boat" above the center field wall looks like a cheap, almost homemade, houseboat. Maybe I'll change my opinion when I see it in person.

Sorry...hope I didn't derail the thread.

Great pics, ORH!

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    You know, no matter how often I look at it, the "boat" above the center field wall looks like a cheap, almost homemade, houseboat. Maybe I'll change my opinion when I see it in person.

Sorry...hope I didn't derail the thread.
    I really like what the Reds have done in the outfield. Five years ago, it was boring, bland and pointless to go out there unless your seats were there, and even then it was boring and bland to sit out there. The Reds have done a very nice job sprucing up that entire section of the park, and the Riverboat Deck is a unique area (though to be fair you need tickets for that deck).

I just wish they'd have constructed a sports bar or something inside the batter's eye pavilion where any and every fan could hang out, similar to the Machine Room. They need to kick CBTS the hell out of there.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Not to shift this thread more off topic, but how did the scoreboard look? I know we have a member who has a view from his office. It would be nice to see a pic of the videoboard in action.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Thanks for sharing the pics and what camera you used. We need more.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Not to shift this thread more off topic, but how did the scoreboard look? I know we have a member who has a view from his office. It would be nice to see a pic of the videoboard in action.
    i was going to say the same thing.

Thats also my first time seeing the tundra homer sign. I recall griffey and dun dunn hitting quite a few balls right where that flag is placed. Now votto and bruce territory.

I think if dunn was still on the team hit might be able to hit the tundra truck itself in center. lol

Great pics btw.

I hope that ain't the same Toyota truck that was sitting out in CF last year.

Nice pics ORH.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Wowwwwww......OldRightHander, those photos are awesome....I followed suit and made the first one my wallpaper....very nice. On the topic of the new scoreboard, I was not that impressed, definitely an upgrade, but not up to the hype for me.

High five!

Nice, ORH!

Turn Off Ads?