This is probably more of a rant, so sorry in advance.

Back in March I had an interview with a company (who will remain nameless) here in Cincinnati for a white collar position. The interview lasted 3 HOURS, and I meet with the company CFO, multiple managers, and a HR director. Things went very well, on paper I met all of the qualifications, I had high hopes. They had told me at the time it would be a few weeks before I heard anything back, so I thought no problem, at least they were upfront about it.

Fast forward a few weeks, and I haven't heard anything. I sent a follow up email to my contact in HR about the status of the position, waited a week, no response. So I decided to make a phone call, and got the HR persons voicemail and left a message. No reply.

You know, if you are going to waste 3 hours of my time for 1 interview, I think it's basic professionalism to at least reply to my email or phone call. Even if the answer is they are no longer interested, I'd like to know.

I guess that is to much to ask these days. It seems to be common, HR departments need to start practicing what they preach when it comes to professionalism.

/rant over.