Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Bengal arrested!

Re: Another Bengal arrested!

Guess he was having a little pre-birth celebration.

Pretty much sucks to get a DUI on the day of the birth of your child. His wife must have been REALLY happy. Can't even imagine how that went over.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JBChance View Post
    Guess he was having a little pre-birth celebration.

Pretty much sucks to get a DUI on the day of the birth of your child. His wife must have been REALLY happy. Can't even imagine how that went over.
    But you can see how that would happen. No excuse whatsoever, but you can see how the mind would work.

In the court of public opinion, I give him a mulligan.

The legal system will give him his punishment.

Move along.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    But you can see how that would happen. No excuse whatsoever, but you can see how the mind would work.

Move along.
    Wonder what the NFL will give him?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Wonder what the NFL will give him?
    considering how easy they let the rest of the league off nothing, but considering hes a bengal and they are always over the top tough on bengals probably 1 game suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Pittsburgh and Cleveland have definitely had their fair share of players in the police blotter in that time. This wouldn't be as big a deal if the Bengals had never had two high profile repeat offenders in Odell Thurman and Chris Henry, who alone account for a significant portion of legal problems involving Bengals' players.
    The other thing to keep in mind is that as far as I can recall, the only players who have broken a law with the Bengals and are still on the Bengals are Chris Henry, and now Leon Hall.

So "another" Bengal arrested, really isn't fair.

Move along.
    At the level of intoxication at which he was reportedly measured, he might have thought he was OK - not an excuse, but, like you said, you might see how it would happen, I guess.

Since he has been a "character" guy his whole NFL and collegiate career, I'd cut him some slack, as well. Its just the Bengals track record that puts it under the microscope, public opinion wise.

Bengals.com reports that it may just be a fine, but could be a 1 game suspension, as well.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Who gets drunk when their wife is close to giving birth? Also, he was nearly twice the limit so I'm not sure I can agree with him just thinking he was fine.

Move along.
    First offense? Up here that's 3 days in a driver intervention program (at the Holiday Inn), 6 mo. license suspension w/ work privileges, fines and costs.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

This could be the year Phil in BG's Avatar

The biggest problem with this is how it gives ESPN and the like another shot at the Bengals. They can't wait to talk about the bad-boy Bengals, even though in the last couple of years there are many teams with more arrests.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Who gets drunk when their wife is close to giving birth? Also, he was nearly twice the limit so I'm not sure I can agree with him just thinking he was fine.
    We dont really know whats going on. Maybe one of his friends was celebrating something or maybe the baby came a couple weeks early.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I read somewhere that before Hall's arrest, only two teams had a longer streak than the Bengals of players on the team not being arrested. By that measure, the Bengals are one of the most well-behaved organizations in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The other thing to keep in mind is that as far as I can recall, the only players who have broken a law with the Bengals and are still on the Bengals are Chris Henry, and now Leon Hall.

So "another" Bengal arrested, really isn't fair.
    Jonathan Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    We dont really know whats going on. Maybe one of his friends was celebrating something or maybe the baby came a couple weeks early.
    Who cares? I'm with Team Selig on this one. You wouldn't have found me drunk at any time during the last three months of my wife's pregnancy. Obviously that's not a rule it was my choice and he made his now he has to deal with the consequences. I don't have any sympathy for drunk driving in any situation. Yes, emergencies happen, but no one is forced to get drunk, that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Who cares? I'm with Team Selig on this one. You wouldn't have found me drunk at any time during the last three months of my wife's pregnancy. Obviously that's not a rule it was my choice and he made his now he has to deal with the consequences. I don't have any sympathy for drunk driving in any situation. Yes, emergencies happen, but no one is forced to get drunk, that I'm aware of.
    You dont know what was going on and why he was out drinking.

You could say the same thing about the guy who killed the Angels pitcher and two other people.

Problem is not many people ever learn until they are caught and even then it does not help.

Turn Off Ads?