Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58

Thread: Another Bengal arrested!

  1. #31
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    You dont know what was going on and why he was out drinking.
    Again, who cares? It does not matter. I know for certain that he was not forced to get drunk (it is possible to drink without getting drunk).

    As I said you would not have found me drunk for any reason within the last three months of my wife's pregnancy. This was my choice, his choice was to get drunk when his wife was due at any time. He drove, he got caught, I hope he's punished to the fullest extent of the law.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Again, who cares? It does not matter. I know for certain that he was not forced to get drunk (it is possible to drink without getting drunk).

    As I said you would not have found me drunk for any reason within the last three months of my wife's pregnancy. This was my choice, his choice was to get drunk when his wife was due at any time. He drove, he got caught, I hope he's punished to the fullest extent of the law.
    I care because maybe something was going on and his wife said to go? You really have no clue to the reason he was out. If the kid wasnt due for a couple weeks what could 1 night ultimately harm if you were going out to celebrate something with the guys. I can see how this scenario could go down. I think withholding judgment about him being out isnt a bad idea.

  4. #33
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I care because maybe something was going on and his wife said to go? You really have no clue to the reason he was out.
    You're the only one throwing out wild guesses as to why he was drunk. I don't have any idea why he was out getting drunk, and I don't think it matters one iota.

    If the kid wasnt due for a couple weeks what could 1 night ultimately harm if you were going out to celebrate something with the guys.
    Well the "harm" apparently is being arrested for drunk driving, and it's really not that uncommon for babies to come two weeks early. Hell, my son came two weeks early, but this is not the point.

    I think withholding judgment about him being out isnt a bad idea.
    I'm not judging him for being out drinking, I do not care. If he chooses to go out drinking while his wife is at home 8 1/2 months pregnant, that's completely legal and his right. Good for him. I have a problem with the fact that he chose to drive while he was drunk, the rest is impertinent.

    As long as you're inventing scenarios to justify for yourself why he was out drinking, here's a few scenarios for you: What if he'd hit someone on the way home? What if he'd killed someone? What if the guy who hit Nick Adenhart was rushing home to his pregnant wife and had just been out celebrating a special occasion with the guys? I doubt that anyone would be on here saying "well, I could see how he thought it would be ok". Mr. Hall is lucky that he didn't put anyone's family in the position of the Adenhart family, because when you drive with a .149 BAC you are rolling the dice.

  5. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    I dont know why you think I think it's ok that he was driving drunk.

  6. #35
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    Regardless of why he was out drinking so close to the due date, he still could have either taken a taxi or had somebody sober drive him. It was a poor decision that could have killed an innocent person.

  7. #36
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I dont know why you think I think it's ok that he was driving drunk.
    Show me where I posted that. You kept wanting to make this about why he was out. I'd said that I don't care and it does not matter.

  8. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    I give up. Hall should be released and probably burned at the stake. There is no reason why he could have been out and absolutely no reason why he shouldnt have been sitting at home on a leash.

    I only stated that we have no idea why he was out. Should he have drove home? No, but I certainly can see a few scenarios where him and his wife both didnt think it was going to be a problem for him to go do something with some buddies.

  9. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    6,030

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    I am pretty sure his wife did not intend him to go out driving after drinking.

    I really do not know your point besides a need to keep justifying that it was okay for him to have a reason to go drinking. Okay....so it's fine he wanted to go have a drink.....but it looks like he cannot do that beacuse it impairs his ability to think clearly. IF it did not...he would not have thought it was okay to drive.

    No one said to burn him at the stake but an aptitude test...maybe a common sense test should be in order for him.

  10. #39
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    GIDP - I think you are misreading or misunderstanding many of the posts here. Nobody is saying that he should not have been out, or even been out having a few drinks. (Too many drinks, perhaps, but not out drinking in general.)

    The problem was when he made the decision to get behind the wheel of a car after said drinking. That was a poor decision.

  11. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    GIDP - I think you are misreading or misunderstanding many of the posts here. Nobody is saying that he should not have been out, or even been out having a few drinks. (Too many drinks, perhaps, but not out drinking in general.)

    The problem was when he made the decision to get behind the wheel of a car after said drinking. That was a poor decision.
    No I certainly know that he shouldnt have tried to even drive, but I find it silly that people are giving him crap for even being out with out any idea why he was out or what him and his wife even talked about.

  12. #41
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,914

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    We obviously don't know the exact circumstances, but if I knew that my theoretical wife was expected to give birth in the very near future, I would not put myself in a situation where I would need to drink and drive to get to the hospital in time.

    I can understand the thought process behind what he did when he found out he needed to get to the hospital, but a rational person would have thought before going out and drinking that there was a very likely scenario possible where his wife would go into labour and he would have to get to the hospital promptly. That gives you two options:

    1. Don't drink when your wife is expecting the child so that you can drive
    or
    2. Have a ride prepared in advance if that situation arose.

    Secret option 3 of drinking and driving without reprecussions does not exist. Putting yourself in a situation like that before the fact is inexcusable IMO, and from my end, I dont think enough thought was put into the actions Hall took.

  13. #42
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I give up. Hall should be released and probably burned at the stake. There is no reason why he could have been out and absolutely no reason why he shouldnt have been sitting at home on a leash.

    I only stated that we have no idea why he was out. Should he have drove home? No, but I certainly can see a few scenarios where him and his wife both didnt think it was going to be a problem for him to go do something with some buddies.
    I'm beginning to become very concerned. Are you reading my posts? Because you seem to be arguing against a non-existent argument.

  14. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'm beginning to become very concerned. Are you reading my posts? Because you seem to be arguing against a non-existent argument.
    Yes you think he shouldnt even have been out in the 1st place, where I dont know what was going on so I'm not going to just blanket the situation.

  15. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,194

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    We obviously don't know the exact circumstances, but if I knew that my theoretical wife was expected to give birth in the very near future, I would not put myself in a situation where I would need to drink and drive to get to the hospital in time.

    I can understand the thought process behind what he did when he found out he needed to get to the hospital, but a rational person would have thought before going out and drinking that there was a very likely scenario possible where his wife would go into labour and he would have to get to the hospital promptly. That gives you two options:

    1. Don't drink when your wife is expecting the child so that you can drive
    or
    2. Have a ride prepared in advance if that situation arose.

    Secret option 3 of drinking and driving without reprecussions does not exist. Putting yourself in a situation like that before the fact is inexcusable IMO, and from my end, I dont think enough thought was put into the actions Hall took.
    Your'e absolutely right. My guess is a couple of things play into people taking the non-existant option #3.

    1.) They've probably done it before successfully. It doesn't make it right, but a good number of us have probably driven after maybe having one or two too many. Maybe we would have been over the limit, maybe not. But when we got home, and woke up the next morning, we probably thought to ourselves, ya know I probably shouldn't have driven.

    This feeds a very counter productive feeling the next time, where we say, "well last time I did this and haven't run into any trouble, no I think I'm okay to drive." I'm not saying this is the correct way to respond, I'm saying this is the natural inclination which we actively have to turn off.

    2.) Having a rational thought when you're impaired is difficult, it impairs your judgement and you're more likely to go back to scenario 1, and think I'm okay.

  16. #45
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Another Bengal arrested!

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Yes you think he shouldnt even have been out in the 1st place, where I dont know what was going on so I'm not going to just blanket the situation.

    See I don't think you are reading my posts, because you would have come across this paragraph:
    I'm not judging him for being out drinking, I do not care. If he chooses to go out drinking while his wife is at home 8 1/2 months pregnant, that's completely legal and his right. Good for him. I have a problem with the fact that he chose to drive while he was drunk, the rest is impertinent.
    I was mostly responding to this type of thinking:

    But you can see how that would happen. No excuse whatsoever, but you can see how the mind would work.

    In the court of public opinion, I give him a mulligan.

    The legal system will give him his punishment.

    Move along.
    At the level of intoxication at which he was reportedly measured, he might have thought he was OK - not an excuse, but, like you said, you might see how it would happen, I guess.

    Since he has been a "character" guy his whole NFL and collegiate career, I'd cut him some slack, as well. Its just the Bengals track record that puts it under the microscope, public opinion wise.
    And to you, you seemed like you were jumping on the bandwagon of this line of thinking. I meant to have quoted both of those posts in my first post as well as yours, but apparently I forgot. So, I wasn't intentionally singling you out from the beginning, but I did. So if you don't agree with the above line of thinking then, that's fine I don't care about the rest. You seem convinced he had some noble reason to be out getting drunk. Getting drunk on the town with an 8 1/2 month pregnant wife at home seems like a ******y thing to do, but ultimately that's not what I have a problem with.

    I have said that personally I wouldn't have put myself in his situation, but again going out is not what he did wrong. He should have had arrangements for what he was going to do in an emergency. I mean how was he getting home anyway? If his wife hadn't called, he still had to get home and he obviously drove his car. Seems like very poor planning led to a very stupid decision. Luckily he got caught and maybe he'll be smarter next time.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25