Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Another Bengal arrested!

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Another Bengal arrested!

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    He should have had arrangements for what he was going to do in an emergency. I mean how was he getting home anyway? If his wife hadn't called, he still had to get home and he obviously drove his car. Seems like very poor planning led to a very stupid decision.

+1. Excellent point.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have said that personally I wouldn't have put myself in his situation, but again going out is not what he did wrong. He should have had arrangements for what he was going to do in an emergency. I mean how was he getting home anyway? If his wife hadn't called, he still had to get home and he obviously drove his car. Seems like very poor planning led to a very stupid decision. Luckily he got caught and maybe he'll be smarter next time.
    If his story is true, which I have doubts about the validity of the story, I give him a mulligan. Quite frankly I probably would have done a similar thing in that situation. Maybe you (generally speaking) wouldn't be at a bar with a 8.5 month pregnant wife but its Hall's decision to make and not ours. We don't know how he planned on getting home, maybe he planned on taking a cab home. Maybe he planned on his wife picking him up, who really knows. He got behind the wheel when he shouldn't have and got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    If his story is true, which I have doubts about the validity of the story, I give him a mulligan. Quite frankly I probably would have done a similar thing in that situation. Maybe you (generally speaking) wouldn't be at a bar with a 8.5 month pregnant wife but its Hall's decision to make and not ours. We don't know how he planned on getting home, maybe he planned on taking a cab home. Maybe he planned on his wife picking him up, who really knows. He got behind the wheel when he shouldn't have and got caught.
    Maybe he wasn't planning on having more than one or two and just got caught up in the moment. For some reason, when you're out at a bar and people find out about something good, like you're wife is having a baby soon, they offer you free drinks. The smart thing would be to say "no," but sometimes its difficult to turn down someone's gesture. Not saying it's right, though.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I just dont think its fair that we discuss if he should have been out, or stated that "I wouldnt have been out" or what ever Razor is trying to say as if he never made a mistake when his wife was preggers and is on higher level of responsibility. We have no idea what the reason for him being out. I simply feel that if he discussed it with his wife, and they both felt like it wasnt going to be a problem I dont fault him for being out at all. I dont know if he did or if he didnt. I just think we should reserve our bashing of him being out in the 1st place until we hear some details about it.

Driving home is a completely different part.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I just dont think its fair that we discuss if he should have been out, or stated that "I wouldnt have been out" or what ever Razor is trying to say as if he never made a mistake when his wife was preggers and is on higher level of responsibility. We have no idea what the reason for him being out. I simply feel that if he discussed it with his wife, and they both felt like it wasnt going to be a problem I dont fault him for being out at all. I dont know if he did or if he didnt. I just think we should reserve our bashing of him being out in the 1st place until we hear some details about it.

Driving while drunk is unacceptable under any realistic circumstance, but there are way too many unknown details to judge Hall for being drunk that night.

Show me where I posted anything close to that, bud. That's several times now you have made me out to be saying things that I haven't said. And every time I've called you on it, you've just ignored it. I guess that tells me what I need to know about you.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

If his story is true, which I have doubts about the validity of the story, I give him a mulligan.
    I'm sorry you don't get a mulligan for Drunk Driving, ever. There are a few things I cannot tolerate in any situation, Drunk Driving is one of them. Again what if he'd hit someone? Would you still say "oh, I'll give him a mulligan?"

Maybe you (generally speaking) wouldn't be at a bar with a 8.5 month pregnant wife but its Hall's decision to make and not ours. We don't know how he planned on getting home, maybe he planned on taking a cab home. Maybe he planned on his wife picking him up, who really knows.
    I agree with all of this, and he should have made arrangements for an emergency, but he didn't. Sorry you don't get a "mulligan" for that.

Who cares? I'm with Team Selig on this one. You wouldn't have found me drunk at any time during the last three months of my wife's pregnancy. Obviously that's not a rule it was my choice and he made his now he has to deal with the consequences. I don't have any sympathy for drunk driving in any situation. Yes, emergencies happen, but no one is forced to get drunk, that I'm aware of.
    This post is exactly where I get the impression that you think he shouldnt even have been out. If its not what you are implying then I dont even know why you would post it.

This post is exactly where I get the impression that you think he shouldnt even have been out. If its not what you are implying then I dont even know why you would post it.
    Ok first, you're still ignoring my previous post, but that's how you roll.

Second, I clearly stated in that post that it was my choice and did not say anyone else should hold themselves to that standard. I was implying that if he was going to choose to go out and get drunk he should have made plans for an emergency, he didn't. I hope he faces the stiffest penalties possible.

Again the biggest problem I have is with the idea that several people have that he should get a "mulligan" because his wife was pregnant. You haven't answered whether or not you're on board with that idea. If you're not, then I don't have too much of a beef with you (except for the times you've made it seem like I was saying things that I was not saying). I've been under the impression that you are on board with the "mulligan" line of thinking, if you're not then I apologize for thinking that you were.

Ok first, you're still ignoring my previous post, but that's how you roll.

Second, I clearly stated in that post that it was my choice and did not say anyone else should hold themselves to that standard. I was implying that if he was going to choose to go out and get drunk he should have made plans for an emergency, he didn't. I hope he faces the stiffest penalties possible.

Again the biggest problem I have is with the idea that several people have that he should get a "mulligan" because his wife was pregnant. You haven't answered whether or not you're on board with that idea. If you're not, then I don't have too much of a beef with you (except for the times you've made it seem like I was saying things that I was not saying). I've been under the impression that you are on board with the "mulligan" line of thinking, if you're not then I apologize for thinking that you were.
    For all the discussion from you saying I have ignored your post you seem to be doing that exact thing with mine.

Him driving was wrong and I dont think I've said anything other than that.

For all the discussion from you saying I have ignored your post you seem to be doing that exact thing with mine.

Him driving was wrong and I dont think I've said anything other than that.
    Great. It's just that other people were saying "it was wrong, but I could see how it would happen so I'd give him a 'mulligan'". That's where I thought you were too, sorry for lumping you in.

Let's not let this get personal, please.

Great. It's just that other people were saying "it was wrong, but I could see how it would happen so I'd give him a 'mulligan'". That's where I thought you were too, sorry for lumping you in.
    That was me. It is unacceptable to drink and drive. I was just saying that I could see how he could have put himself in that position. Any way you slice it, he committed a crime. The legal system will punish him.

We don't need to put him in the stocks on fountain square.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?