Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Mock Draft 1.0

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

NFL Mock Draft 1.0

Also located in the blog located in my signature. I do have the Bengals making some movies.

Mock Draft 1.0

ROUND ONE1. Detroit (0-16)-Matt Stafford (QB-Georgia)
    2. St. Louis (2-14)-Jason Smith (OT-Baylor)
    3. Kansas City (2-14)-Aaron Curry (LB-Wake)
    4. Seattle (4-12)- Eugene Monroe (OT-Virginia)
    5. Cleveland (4-12)- Brian Orapko (DE-Texas)
    6. Jacksonville (5-11)*-Mark Sanchez (QB-USC)
    7. Oakland (5-11)-Michael Crabtree (WR-Texas Tech)
    8. Cincinnati (4-11-1)*-Andre Smith (OT-Alabama)
    9. Green Bay (6-10)- Tyson Jackson (DE-LSU)
    10. San Francisco (7-9)- Michael Oher (OT-Mississippi)
    11. Buffalo (7-9)- Everette Brown (DE-FSU)
    12. Denver (8-8)- BJ Raji (DT-Boston College)
    13. Washington (8-8)- Aaron Maybin (DE-Penn St)
    14. New Orleans (8-8)- Malcolm Jenkins (CB-Ohio St)
    15. Houston (8-8)-Knoshown Moreno (RB-Georgia)
    16. San Diego (8-8)-Rey Maualuga (LB-USC)
    17. New York Jets (9-7)-Jeremy Maclin (WR-Missouri)
    18. Denver (from Chicago)(9-7)-Josh Freeman (QB-Kansas St)
    19. Tampa Bay (9-6)-Brian Cushing (LB-USC)
    20. Detroit (from Dallas) (9-7)-James Laurianitis (LB-Ohio St)
    21. Philadelphia (9-6-1)-Beanie Wells (RB-Ohio St)
    22. Minnesota (10-6)-Eben Britton (OT-UConn)
    23. New England (11-5)-Larry English (LB-Northern Illinois)
    24. Atlanta (11-5)-Evander Hood(DT-Missouri)
    25. Miami (11-5)-Clay Matthews(LB-USC)
    26. Baltimore (11-5)-Darrius Heyward-Bey(WR-Maryland)
    27. Indianapolis (12-4)-Peria Jerry(DT-Mississippi)
    28. Cincinnati (4-11-1)**-Alex Mack (C-California)
    29. New York Giants (12-4)-Kenny Britt(WR-Rutgers)
    30. Tennessee (13-3)-Percy Harvin (WR-Florida)
    31. Arizona (9-7)-Donald Brown (RB-UConn)
    32. Pittsburgh (12-4)-Max Unger (C-Oregon)

* I have Cincinnati being pretty active on draft day. This team needs offensive line help and also needs to stockpile picks. With Monroe and Smith already gone, I believe teams will be looking to move up to get Mark Sanchez or Michael Crabtree. Cincinnati can afford to move down to spots with Jacksonville since Oakland will likely stay with Crabtree and pay Andre Smith at 8th overall. Mark Sanchez will be a better longterm option for Jacksonville than David Garrard. Cincinnati will also acquire Jacksonville's second round pick.

** Chad Johnson traded to the Eagles for this pick. The Eagles add running back insurance earlier with their original pick by taking Beanie Wells to compliment Brian Westbrook. Offensively, with Chad, DeSean Jackson, Westbrook, Beanie, and McNabb, the Eagles should stay the class of the NFC East. Cincinnati continues to retool the offensive line by selecting Alex Mack.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Re: NFL Mock Draft 1.0

Interesting, i'm all for finding a way to get Mack. Andre Smith though has officially been taken off of my mock board. And after doing some extensive research I'm willing to even consider Oher over Monroe. Not saying I would pull the trigger on Oher should they both be there but IMO it's not as clear cut as it once was. The determining factor would be that Monroe is the one most likely to step right in and play fairly well. That said Oher gives us some options that Monroe doesn't (Monroe is strictly a LT). Oher I believe can play either side the only thing hurting him is the fact that he does tend to be wildly inconsistent at times and his learning curve is steeper. But I believe in time Oher will be as good if not better than Monroe.

Andre Smith has made too many bad decisions and it's obvious his work ethic is not an asset. I'm just not willing to draft him unless it was much later in the round (say 20 or better), to try to mitigate the risk of him busting. If he doesn't bust he is an All-Pro RT, if he doesn't put in the work well it's all bad. And at this point the odds of him busting are greater than not.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Interesting, i'm all for finding a way to get Mack. Andre Smith though has officially been taken off of my mock board. And after doing some extensive research I'm willing to even consider Oher over Monroe. Not saying I would pull the trigger on Oher should they both be there but IMO it's not as clear cut as it once was. The determining factor would be that Monroe is the one most likely to step right in and play fairly well. That said Oher gives us some options that Monroe doesn't (Monroe is strictly a LT). Oher I believe can play either side the only thing hurting him is the fact that he does tend to be wildly inconsistent at times and his learning curve is steeper. But I believe in time Oher will be as good if not better than Monroe.

Andre Smith has made too many bad decisions and it's obvious his work ethic is not an asset. I'm just not willing to draft him unless it was much later in the round (say 20 or better), to try to mitigate the risk of him busting. If he doesn't bust he is an All-Pro RT, if he doesn't put in the work well it's all bad. And at this point the odds of him busting are greater than not.
    I think it will ultimately be between Andre Smith and Michael Oher if Monroe or Smith doesn't slide. I had the Seahawks taking Crabtree but with TJ that is less likely.

The Tank Johnson signing sealed this for me. It shows that Cincinnati shows no signs of going against red flag guys and Andre Smith, while there are issues, fills a major need at RT.

If my mock would hold up, this would likely be the line:

LT-Levi or Collins
    LG-Whitworth
    C-Mack
    RG-Bobbie Williams
    RT-Smith

I believe there is going to be some major shuffling with the picks close to where Cincinnati is at. I could see Denver and Jacksonville trying to make a bid with us to get Sanchez or somebody trying to move up for Crabtree.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think it will ultimately be between Andre Smith and Michael Oher if Monroe or Smith doesn't slide. I had the Seahawks taking Crabtree but with TJ that is less likely.

The Tank Johnson signing sealed this for me. It shows that Cincinnati shows no signs of going against red flag guys and Andre Smith, while there are issues, fills a major need at RT.

If my mock would hold up, this would likely be the line:

LT-Levi or Collins
    LG-Whitworth
    C-Mack
    RG-Bobbie Williams
    RT-Smith

I believe there is going to be some major shuffling with the picks close to where Cincinnati is at. I could see Denver and Jacksonville trying to make a bid with us to get Sanchez or somebody trying to move up for Crabtree.
    I like your thinking. I hope the Bengals are active on or before draft day. If Chad can net a 1st rounder it should have happened yesterday. Their 6th pick should be traded if one of their top tackles are not available. The Bengals could end up with two 1st and 2 seconds in this draft. That is a good thing but it also could backfire. If they resist the "sexy" pick with Crabtree and trade the pick to the Broncos they should be in line to get Smith. I can see them rolling the dice with the Eagles pick and drafting either a WR or RB. Lets say either Wells or Moreno is available I can see the Bengals taking either one of those. Besides those two player would sell way more jerseys than Unger.

I would love to see how the Bengals have ranked the C's in the draft. If they have Wood and Unger ranked basically the same I could see them passing over Unger with the hopes of taking Wood a round later. I also can see them using some of their picks (they received a comp 3rd round pick) to move up and select a player they really like. I can see the Bengals draft board looking like this.

8, 10, 12 Smith or Oher
    I see Jacksonville, San Fran and Denver wanting to move up to take Sanchez. The Bengals would want the 12th if they can still get their man because of $.

28 Unger or Max or Heyward-Bay

2nd round

Donald Brown or Laurainitis or Wood. This is where it could get interesting. Laurainitis is being projected into the second round by some forecasts. The Bengals will need a back up running back and Brown is a beast. They could get great value with Laurainitis and the 2nd round pick may be too early for a RB. It would also be interesting to see what they could get in return for trading down a couple of slots. It may not be a second but it may be a 3rd.

Also located in the blog located in my signature. I do have the Bengals making some movies.
    I wish they'd just concentrate on football.

"I see Jacksonville, San Fran and Denver wanting to move up to take Sanchez"

I think you're wrong about that. Most talk around here is Jags want to move down, unless someone unbelievable drops in their lap. Jags have purged a lot of people this off-season and need warm bodies. I think the odds of them moving up are incredibly slim.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    "I see Jacksonville, San Fran and Denver wanting to move up to take Sanchez"

I think you're wrong about that. Most talk around here is Jags want to move down, unless someone unbelievable drops in their lap. Jags have purged a lot of people this off-season and need warm bodies. I think the odds of them moving up are incredibly slim.
    Which means Jax is a better partner for Denver. That would make S.F. the key and they are doing one whale of a job convincing me that they are not interested in Sanchez or the QB position whatsoever (at least in the 1st round). Right now it's not looking good for us to move down. But a Chad trade could still happen which would set us up nicely, in the draft anyway. BTW Bucksfan2 I think a strong consideration for us if he is still available in round 2 could be Lesean McCoy. Probably a bigger consideration than Wood for sure. I happen to really like Wood but he is now being seen by some prognosticators as a middle to late 2nd rounder, and the Bengals seem to be looking more at Centers later in the draft.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 04-09-2009 at 11:02 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Do you think it would be possible to see the Bengals go for Crabtree if they trade Chad? Or do you think they would have a strong enough receiving core as is minus Chad?

Quote Originally Posted by Root Down View Post
    Do you think it would be possible to see the Bengals go for Crabtree if they trade Chad? Or do you think they would have a strong enough receiving core as is minus Chad?
    I'd rather see how Coles, Caldwell, and Simpson pan out. Don't get me wrong, I would like Crabtree or Maclin, but there are more pressing needs than wideout.

I'd rather see how Coles, Caldwell, and Simpson pan out. Don't get me wrong, I would like Crabtree or Maclin, but there are more pressing needs than wideout.
    It does look like Simpson is going to fill Chad's shoes one of these days just fine and Coles should fill TJ's role if he can stay healthy. So I agree, I'd love to see some additions to the O line in particular before I see them draft something like a receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Root Down View Post
    Word is they have had Kenny Britt in for a workout. Why bring in Britt, who is a likely mid to late 1st rounder at worst? I think that's very telling as he is a guy who isn't a likely consideration at either of their current spots. Now what it says I'm not sure but that it was done at all should make us perk up and take notice of some sort of movement by the Bengals or posturing for some reason.

--Woody Hayes

If Raji and Crabtree are both there Raji will be a raider (or at least I hope). Raiders need D-Line help in the worst way. We have I think 3 DT's none a 2-gap pressence in the running game. Raji is there we will likely see him in the Silver and Black over Crabtree. I'd love to see Oakland try and trade down with someone (if anyone) is ga ga for Sanchez like Denver, SF, or Jacksonville.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

The Bengals would be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for Chad.

I agree with the 2nd round scenario of Brown wanting someone with some flash....a name...someone who can sell more jerseys beacuse he needs all the money he can get.

This is based on MB and family way of doing things for a while now.

One guy who we might have reason to but shouldn't sleep on is Chris Henry. I have a sneaking suspicion he is gonna turn it up a notch this season. Henry was out working with Carson in the offseason as well and learning more than just fly routes. I can foresee Coles on the left, Henry on the right and Caldwell in the slot with Simpson slowly working his way into Coles spot for '10.

--Woody Hayes

I'd like to see the Vikes take Harvin in the 1st round. He's a tremendous playmaker, and they need that to free up AP even more.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Turn Off Ads?