Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nick Adenhart Killed In Car Accident

High five!

Re: Nick Adenhart Killed In Car Accident

Terrible! He just pitched last night!

Man...

2. Turn Off Ads?

That's him from the mound last night during his shutout stint.

For a Level Playing Field

So sad.

I'm often amazed we don't hear this happening more often. It seems like a week doesn't go by here at work when some member of someone's family is killed.

very sad news. I hope the Angels are doing the appropriate things at this time. One thing should be canceling today's game.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart killed in accident
    8:31 AM | April 9, 2009

Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart was among the three people killed in a crash in Fullerton when a driver ran a red light, an associate of the rookie player said this morning. The crash occurred hours after the 22-year-old appeared in Wednesday night's Angels game.

He died in the accident that occurred shortly after midnight at the intersection of Orangethorpe Avenue and Lemon Street in Fullerton, said Lt. Craig Brower of the Fullerton Police Department. Several witnesses told police that the driver of a red minivan ran a red light at the intersection, hitting a silver Mitsubishi carrying four people. Two people were pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics, authorities said. Two others were taken to a nearby hospital, where a third person was later pronounced dead, Brower said.

The driver of the minivan fled on foot shortly after the accident but was taken into custody on suspicion of hit and run when police found him a mile away, Brower said. Further charges are pending as the investigation continues, he said. A passenger in the minivan was taken to Western Medical Center, authorities said. The condition of that person was unknown.

A third vehicle also was involved, but there were no reports of any injuries.

Authorities said the intersection would be closed at least until noon as the investigation continued.

-- Mike DiGiovanna and Ruben Vives

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-accident.html

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Here's the story from the LA Times about the accident

I can't believe the idiot actually ran away from the accident after he hit Nick's car. I hope they throw the book at him.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Aw, this is terrible! He just pitched last night, looked good, had an opportunity to have the career he wanted with the Angels---and then this!

I'll wait to see further reports but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy that hit him wasn't either drunk or on something else.

Rem

For some reason Lyman Bostock was the name that lept to mind for me. Shame. Fox Sports says that one of the others killed was affiliated with the Angels. http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9...d-in-car-crash Between this and the fan being killed opening day it has been an awful week for the Angels.
    Last edited by klw; 04-09-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Terrible news.

All the best to the family and the Angels' organization.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    For some reason Lyman Bostock was the name that lept to mind for me. It has been an awful week for the Angels.
    Angels have a history of tragedies

This on top of a fan dying at Angels Stadium on opening day.

Rem

Just awful news. Shocking.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Angels have a history of tragedies
    Ugh, yeah...Donnie Moore.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

They really have had a horrible week. I hope they cancel their game today so everyone can have some time to work through things and I can't see how the guys would even want to play anyway.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I saw him pitch (on tv) last night. Absolutely tragic news

Turn Off Ads?