Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nick Adenhart Killed In Car Accident

Re: Nick Adenhart Killed In Car Accident

Man Who Caused Adenhart Crash Had Prior Arrest Record?

Andrew Thomas Gallo, 22, could be charged with second-degree murder for the death of Nick Adenhart and two other passengers. Fullerton police said Gallo was drunk at the time and also had a suspended license.

According to the Inland, Calif. based Press-Enterprise, Gallo was driving the red mini-van that broadsided the silver Mitsubishi carrying Adenhart and three other passengers. The newspaper also dug up information presumably about Gallo's past that, if true, should result in him spending a very, very long time in jail. But what isn't clear is how the man could possibly be the same age now (22) as he was in both 2006 and 2007:

In San Bernardino County, a man with the same name, Andrew Thomas Gallo, and same age, 22 pleaded guilty to a driving under the influence charge in May of 2006, court records show.

He was placed on three years' probation and ordered to attend a county-approved first-offender alcohol program, and pay fines of about $1,400.

The same 22-year-old Andrew Thomas Gallo also plead guilty to possessing less than one ounce of marijuana in 2007 and entered a guilty plea to failure to wear a seat belt in 2006 court records show.

The marijuana charge came during the probationary period for the driving under the influence case. After Gallo's guilty plea he was ordered to continue in the county-approved alcohol program, court records show.

http://deadspin.com/5205745/man-who-...-arrest-record

(mugshot of scumbag at link)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Personal opinion here but anyone caught driving drunk should do a minimum three year sentence in a state penitentiary.
    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    That's beyond impractical.
    Nipping this one in the bud before it goes further. This is not the thread for this debate.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

That's sad that the fourth person died too. This whole thing is just beyond horrible.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

This really, really sucks. I lost a 16 year old cousin to a drunk driver and whenever I read about a situation such as this it brings all those memories flooding back.

RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

So this means the Angels need pitching even more now, right?

Sorry, bad attempt at trying to bring a lighter side to this event.

Adenhart will be one of those guys that I'll always wonder "what if" now. I thought he was truly a TOR type arm, and I was excited for him to get the chance this year with the Angels.

This kinda makes me wanna root for the Angels this year, just so that someone in the Adenhart family will get a ring.

Seeing Scott Boras - his agent - break down was actually quite touching, yet quite strange at the same time. Kind of sheds a little bit of a light on the whole agent and player relationship there.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    It was just reported that the fourth person in the car with Adenhart has also died. Very sad.
    Edit - the fourth person is still in critical condition.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 04-09-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Seeing Scott Boras - his agent - break down was actually quite touching, yet quite strange at the same time. Kind of sheds a little bit of a light on the whole agent and player relationship there.
    Yeah, I was surprised to find he actually is human and has a heart and everything. I'll resume despising him tomorrow.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Absolutely crazy. I had never heard of this guy before and after seeing he was starting for the Angels (ahead of Jared Weaver in their rotation) I did some research on him last night. I was considering putting a bid in for him in my fantasy baseball $$ league today. Then I wake up to this news today. I just feel so bad for his family.

It's just very weird to me because I follow top prospects pretty closely (or so I thought) and I had never heard of this guy until last night. I was literally doing research on him for about 15 minutes last night. Then this tragedy happens. Wow. I'm sooooooo glad they at least caught the idiot that caused this mess. He'll enjoy the rest of his life in prison.
    I was in the same situation as you, only I did pick him up in my fantasy league and started him last night, only to hear the news earlier today.

The scary thing for me is that I've also owned in past fantasy leagues Corey Lidle and Josh Hancock...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

VERY sad news...I was walking into the cafeteria and they had the Tv on the sports channel.. i couldndt make out what it was about.. i thought maybe somebody threw a no-hitter, so i jumped on the pc, as they had switched to another story,and was shocked to read that he had died.. and it really is sad for his family and my heart goes out to them..

I am a Reds fan but i will keep an eye on the Angels.. God Bless his family

I don't care for Boras either, but that was heart wrenching watching that press conference. Boras was absolutely devastated. As much as I can't stand the guy and the way he does business, it just goes to remind you, it IS just business. We're all human beings. So sad. I feel like he pitched for the Reds.

It's amazing that the candle of life can be extinguished so quickly. There is a lesson to be learned from days like today, live everyday as if it were your last. That is my way of making sure that nobody ever dies in vain.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I came home today and found out the terrible news and my heart goes out to his family,friends.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

I guess I'm callous, as is my gf, but when we both saw that, we both immediately said that we wonder if it's real or not (the tears)....

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    I guess I'm callous, as is my gf, but when we both saw that, we both immediately said that we wonder if it's real or not (the tears)....
    I'm sorry to say it, but the same thought crossed my mind.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?