Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Masters

The Masters

Anyone watching this? Campbell has a chance at the course record.

Tiger's having a rough time in ideal scoring conditions.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Masters

Not watching but following online. Looks like Campbell went bogey bogey and will finished tied with Hunter Mahan at -7

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Ugh, anyone but Hunter Mahan....

Lots of names up high on the leaderboard that I'm thinking will not be there by Saturday.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Ugh, anyone but Hunter Mahan....
    Why?
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I thought Tiger was swinging really well yesterday. He was flagging it on the back 9. Most of his iron shots were right on the pin. His distance was just a tad off a few times. If he got a couple of putts to drop it could've easily been in the mid-60's. He'll shoot in the 60's in each of the last 3 rounds and I wouldn't be surprised if he shoots really low (65ish) in one of the rounds if he gets it's going.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I thought Tiger was swinging really well yesterday. He was flagging it on the back 9. Most of his iron shots were right on the pin. His distance was just a tad off a few times. If he got a couple of putts to drop it could've easily been in the mid-60's. He'll shoot in the 60's in each of the last 3 rounds and I wouldn't be surprised if he shoots really low (65ish) in one of the rounds if he gets it's going.
    His putter failed him yesterday. If he doesn't start to roll the ball a little better he isn't going to win.

Campbell left 2+ strokes out on the course. He could have/should have set the course record.

Fuzzy Zoeller & Gary Players last ever Masters.

Anybody liking Anthony Kim right now? I am.
    I certainly can't see Campbell hanging on, but Perry knows how to win it. He's a different golfer now that he's found his putter.
    Tiger? I wouldn't discount him, but he doesn't seem to be in sync at all.

I was at work checking in every once in a while, then I had to actually work for about an hour. When I came back, Mcilroy had disappeared. I kept scrolling down the leaderboard, wondering if I had kept missing his name. He was really playing well, makes a danged eagle on 13 and then he must of just fallen apart. What a meltdown.

And we're still waiting to hear what's wrong with Mahan, Highlifeman.

Wow- it's getting even worse for Rory, facing a possible DQ.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Here's an article questioning the sportsmanship of Tiger Woods

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_12111710

Nice round for Phil so far. If he plays well tomorrow, he's going to be right in the thick of things as well. Can he make it 10 top 10s in 11 years?

Goodness, Phil must have caught fire on the back nine. I'm watching the replay and he's at +2 after 11, so he played the last 7 in -5?

How about AK, and Sandy Lyle, I'm not sure I've made 5 birdies in my life, never mind in a row.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Why?
    I dislike Mahan more than I dislike Phil Mickelson.

I had a bad run in with him last year at the Travelers Championship with him in the Hartford area.

Arrogant punk is the nicest thing I can say about him on this board.

-----

Also, this interview he gave made me think even less of him (which I didn't think was possible after my experience with him @ the Travelers Championship

I love how he tried to cover his sorry butt in this interview. Which is it, Hunter? Can't have your cake and eat it too...
    Last edited by Highlifeman21; 04-10-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: couldn't find the link at first...

I don't watch golf (or any other sport) because they are nice guys or great sportsman. Sorry. I want to see drama and great shots. And honestly, if I was THAT good at something (aside from Super Tecmo Bowl of course, where I would OWN anyone on this board), I would be kind of an arrogant jerk too.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Turn Off Ads?