Nyjer Morgan Lf
    Freddy Sanchez 2B
    Nate McLouth CF
    Ryan Doumit C
    Adam LaRoche 1B
    Brandon Ross RF
    Ramon Vazquez 3rd
    Jack Wilson SS

Pitching matchups favor the Reds on Friday and Sunday, Saturday will be really tough. Maholm is tough on the Reds, and really underrated overall.

As for the lineup, well, it doesn't look too good. But, Jack Wilson always seems to kill the Reds, you add him in with McLouth, Doumit and Sanchez, and it may not be a cakewalk.

Anyway, my predictions:

Reds win 2 of 3, if they beat Maholm on Sat. they will sweep

What do you guys think?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Reds/Pirates Series, Preview Predictions

Karstens is the type of pitcher we'd seem to keep on rolling with..... run of the mill right handers are guys we can really work on.... youre right lefties give us fits a lot of times. I think 2 out of 3 is a must.... then I start thinking about it and I get greedy. It's the PIRATES.... a good team is pushing for a sweep at home here.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Karstens is the type of pitcher we'd seem to keep on rolling with..... run of the mill right handers are guys we can really work on.... youre right lefties give us fits a lot of times. I think 2 out of 3 is a must.... then I start thinking about it and I get greedy. It's the PIRATES.... a good team is pushing for a sweep at home here.
    Can't get too cocky, that's for sure. I don't think this team has proven anything in 3 games. On paper, we should handle the Buccos. But assuming a sweep is folly.

I agree that Maholm is the type of LH that would baffle us, in the past. Maybe we can start a new trend.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

I am looking forward to seeing what Cueto does.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I think Cueto is going to be our best and most important pitcher this season. Here's hoping for a big game tomorrow.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I think game 1 will be rained out from all the rain we are espected to get today.

Well, yes, it IS the pirates. They stood toe-to-toe with the cards (whom i AGAIN think are way overrated) as we stood toe-to-toe with the mets. Granted, we still lost 2 of 3, and it's only the 1st series of the season, but i sense that this Reds team is much different than the ones in the last few seasons. I definitely expect two of three (unless Cueto gets overly excited and freaks out), and a sweep would not surprise me at all. Perhaps i am delusional people, but im PUMPED about our team this season! LETS GO REDS!

The last two days were certainly encouraging for the offence. I think that can continue against Karstens, whose minor league numbers are pretty average.

His numbers in the majors have been very unimpressive as well. This should be the type of pitcher that we feast on.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

I'm expecting the juggernaut of Taveras/McDonald to drive the Reds to a sweep of the Pirates. Although, I am in awe of Nyjer Morgan's stirrups. They are truly glorious.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I think its very important for the Reds to win at least 2 this weekend. It will establish confidence for division games and rally the fans.

Hey guys, quick question. As a new member here, not sure about how to do some things. Does it take being a member awhile before you can attach an avatar to your profile? If not, how do ya do it? Perhaps i am an idiot, but cant seem to figure it out. Thanks and LETS GO REDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunabomber View Post
    Hey guys, quick question. As a new member here, not sure about how to do some things. Does it take being a member awhile before you can attach an avatar to your profile? If not, how do ya do it? Perhaps i am an idiot, but cant seem to figure it out. Thanks and LETS GO REDS!
    We here in the sundeck are not allowed to have avatars. Direct those types of questions to the new member/introduction thread.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

Thanks schmidty622. . . didnt think so but wanted to make sure.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I'm going with a sweep to really jumpstart the season. I'm not as worried about lefties this year as I have been in the past — Bruce is the only one that doesn't hit them real well. Phillips, Votto, Encarnacion all can kill it against a LH. The one thing that I don't like about facing a starter like Maholm is that Dickerson most likely won't be in the lineup.

Honestly, I expect the Reds to win 2 out of 3 in every home series. Anything less than a sweep of the Bucs will be mildly disappointing if we have any aspirations this year.... to come out of the first homestand 3-3 is not that great.

Turn Off Ads?