Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cop Beats Up on 15-year-old Girl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cop Beats Up on 15-year-old Girl

Ok, a little backdrop... A 15-year-old girl had been arrested for grand theft auto. Once back at the police station and in a cell, the officer directs her to take off her shoes. She doesn't want to, so she defiantly (and lightly) flings it at him and then calls him a "fat pig". Here's what the cop did next:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhrCO5AgtiM

The officer claims the "fat pig" insult had nothing to do with the beating, but rather it was due to the fact she committed "felonious assault on an officer." He currently is on paid leave indefinitely.

The first time I saw this video I think I said "Holy crap!" about 10 times. IMO, if that ain't excessive force, I'm not sure what is. I'm no lawyer, but I'd be shocked if she didn't win some kind of lawsuit.

Re: Cop Beats Up on 15-year-old Girl

He's been charged with assault. He was pulled over for driving under the influence several years ago as well. I hate seeing stuff like this, because I know so many good officers and dirt bags like this guy make them all look bad. I know some people who think that this guy is a typical officer rather than atypical.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    He's been charged with assault. He was pulled over for driving under the influence several years ago as well. I hate seeing stuff like this, because I know so many good officers and dirt bags like this guy make them all look bad. I know some people who think that this guy is a typical officer rather than atypical.
    Word.

99.9% of police officers are out there working hard to keep the rest of us safe and doing a great job at it. It's a real pity that the .1% will do things like this and give the police a bad name.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Word.

99.9% of police officers are out there working hard to keep the rest of us safe and doing a great job at it. It's a real pity that the .1% will do things like this and give the police a bad name.
    that number is considerably larger than 0.1%.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Bad move by the cop to be sure.

I am in NO WAY insinuating that she deserved it (because she didn't) but I still think it's sad that a 15-year old girl would steal, throw something at a cop, and call him a pig. I get alternately angry and sad when I see kids doing that stuff.

Sticks and stones (and fists) will break your bones, words can never hurt you....throw him in jail.

Sometimes a person just needs a whupping, but not by a cop. I used to work with cops and I saw some of them lose it and knock teeth out of some smart Alecs' mouths. Obviously, it doesn't make it right, but I know first hand how much stress the job puts on these guys. And if she's willing to call him a fat pig after getting arrested for stealing a car, I'll guess that she didn't just pop off suddenly.
    I could never be a cop, because I'd probably be in his shoes right now.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

This guy won't get a thing after an "internal investigation."

She stole a car. I don't have too much sympathy for her. He might not be a good person, but I'm not about to feel sorry for someone who has no respect for authority.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    She stole a car. I don't have too much sympathy for her. He might not be a good person, but I'm not about to feel sorry for someone who has no respect for authority.
    ouch!

This happened in November, I'm guessing that her injuries weren't serious, so I don't feel sorry for her either. At the same time I think this guy should go to jail.

And another thing is that it turned out to be her parent's car. I don't know how much that means one way or another, I just want all the facts to be known. I'm guessing that this girl has issues with authority, whether it be her parents, cops....whoever.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Authority doesn't deserve to be respected when it abuses it's power. Yes, it's a bit of chicken and the egg. But it doesn't take anything more than common sense to realize that a 15 year old girl kick off her shoe at you doesn't merit a full scale beat-down.

I hope the cop ends up in jail -- along with the girl who stole the car.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Last edited by cincinnati chili; 04-11-2009 at 03:47 AM.
    Stick to your guns.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I agree. In no way am I condoning the Officer's behavior, however, she put herself in that jail cell. Worse things happen on a regular basis at the Hamilton County Justice Center.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I agree. In no way am I condoning the Officer's behavior, however, she put herself in that jail cell. Worse things happen on a regular basis at the Hamilton County Justice Center.
    Well she allegedly stole a car. Apparently her mom's. Having handled criminal cases for over a decade I have seen enough people (not talking about officers here) misusing the system to know there is a good chance she didn't deserve to be where she was for what she is accused of. Good chance she deserved to be there too. What she does in the video should not have set the officer off as it did. No doubt his report talks about "directing" to the ground to ensure her compliance.

Officers do this too often and must be the main reason that the police are crying out for every cruiser and officer to have video on them at all times. Some of the local departments which I used to deal with had every cruiser have a video camera over 10 years ago. The officer had one mike active in the car and another on them. I never heard complaints about those departments. The ones you hear about are the ones without the video's running or where the video has interesting gaps. There are some officers who are known for frequently charging resisting arrest while other departments never do.

There were two officers I always heard complaints about when I was in a large city doing criminal defense. The department had hundreds of officers but the complaints were almost always about the "jump out guys." They were held up as the poster children by the department with profiles in the local paper and with a statewide magazine.

While these sort of things happen more often than we think, I have simply heard too many stories over the years to think otherwise. But I also feel that most officers would be appalled by what this guy did. This guy was not the norm and should be punished. There is no excuse for his actions.

Turn Off Ads?