Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cop Beats Up on 15-year-old Girl

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

Re: Cop Beats Up on 15-year-old Girl

I will be teaching my kids to respect everyone, teachers, police, and military included. Do you do something different?
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

2. Turn Off Ads?

My kids are taught to respect everyone in authority. When they get older, we'll teach them how to properly respond if someone specific abuses that authority.

I should have noted in my previous post that I believe the badge should be respected even when a specific person wearing it goes out-of-bounds. Unless the entire force is corrupt and is violating the public trust, the badge is to be respected. If a wearer is abusing it, there are other ways to express your disapproval besides throwing stuff at them and calling them names.
    Last edited by durl; 04-13-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    My kids are taught to respect everyone in authority. When they get older, we'll teach them how to properly respond if someone specific abuses that authority.
    That is my plan as well.

About the only thing that can come from arguing with an officer is a beat-down, a tazering, getting shot, and piling up a bunch of additional charges (resisting arrest, etc.)

Dad always told us as teenagers that if we ever get picked up for any reason (real or imagined) to , "Be polite, shut up, and sort it out down at the station". He also told us to get comfortable because he wouldn't be down to get us until the next day.

GL

Lena gets her son ready for school
    She says "on these streets, Charles
    You've got to understand the rules
    If an officer stops you
    Promise me you'll always be polite,
    that you'll never ever run away
    Promise Mama you'll keep your hands in sight"

Is it a gun, is it a knife
    Is it a wallet, this is your life
    It ain't no secret