Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homer gets rocked

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Homer gets rocked

Oh well. He threw great in the spring. I almost knew this would happen somehow. Almost like he went down with a chip on his shoulder. Lets hope it doesn't become a pattern.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

If he went down with a chip on his shoulder he should have come out and done well. It sounds like he went down feeling sorry for himself.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    If he went down with a chip on his shoulder he should have come out and done well. It sounds like he went down feeling sorry for himself.
    entirely possible for a 22 year old kid. He had a great attitude all spring and probably feels a little bit like "what did that do for me". Just my guess.

So, he joins every other starter for the REDS so far this season. 4 Outings, and 4 poor performance....Harang, Volquez, Arroyo, Bailey.

I'll take my chances that at the end of the year, the REDS win 87 games. That may not make any playoffs, but it'd be a great season.

And just what was so BAD about Harang's outing. He pitched a great game IMO, he just happened to have the bad luck of going up against one of the best in baseball.

Old Red Guard Reject

It's a marathon not a sprint. Homer as plenty of time to get it going.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Pretty much the Homer I'm used to. He always gets rocked and is overrated.

I can't wait until some other team overvalues him and we get a real player in return.
    Who's on first?

he might not have much value left

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So, he joins every other starter for the REDS so far this season. 4 Outings, and 4 poor performance....Harang, Volquez, Arroyo, Bailey.

I'll take my chances that at the end of the year, the REDS win 87 games. That may not make any playoffs, but it'd be a great season.
    No kidding. I'm no scout but I feel confident in saying that Bailey could at least match the poor performances we've seen so far.

All that talk of building around pitching and the scary thing is we really don't have much.

22 years old and it's over... The Reds have one of the better pitching staffs in the NL. So, they didn't start out 5-0 with 5 shutouts...I guess I'm not as surprised by that as y'all seem to be...Bailey has a ton of talent and he deserves patience from us fans. He has a real shot at being a #1 or #2 starter by the time he is 25. There aren't many pitchers like that available.

Bum

I would have like to see us do what the Mariners did to begin the season and the way they did it. But, oh well.

You can't give up on pitching, especially when you are 22. Look at what Loshe is doing, we gave up on several pitchers around the league that are now starters. I'd say after his spring he got a pick up in value. A couple minor league starts won't end that. At some point the Reds will need him this year.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    You can't give up on pitching, especially when you are 22.
    That's not the issue with Bailey and the Reds. The problem is he's burnt his last option. He's got this season to thrive in the majors or the Reds are looking at trading him for whatever they can get.

And if he doesn't stop bursting into flames every time he goes to the mound for Louisville that will probably hasten his exit.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That's not the issue with Bailey and the Reds. The problem is he's burnt his last option. He's got this season to thrive in the majors or the Reds are looking at trading him for whatever they can get.

And if he doesn't stop bursting into flames every time he goes to the mound for Louisville that will probably hasten his exit.
    He's got this year - it is what it is.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Turn Off Ads?