Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the Reds coaching staff needs to be accountable!!

Re: the Reds coaching staff needs to be accountable!!

More windsprints for everyone!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Yep- every little mistake will be magnified with this team because the margin of error in order to win is so small.
    Exactly. Especially when your organization tells anyone who will listen "no more homer-happy teams, we'll win with good pitching, good defense, good baserunning, manufacturing runs, etc".

Maybe the guys who put the team together need to be held accountable. A CF (Dickerson) in left leaving the team short on production and a minor league OF (Taveras) starting in CF and three more (Nix, McDonald and Hairston) rounding out the bench.

Meanwhile there are 3 or 4 major league caliber relievers in AAA while the team spends its money on Weathers, Rhodes and Lincoln.

Maybe one of those relievers and one of those OF brought in for depth would have been wise, but the overkill created a glut of mediocrity and no resources to pursue something good.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Maybe the guys who put the team together need to be held accountable. A CF (Dickerson) in left leaving the team short on production and a minor league OF (Taveras) starting in CF and three more (Nix, McDonald and Hairston) rounding out the bench.

Meanwhile there are 3 or 4 major league caliber relievers in AAA while the team spends its money on Weathers, Rhodes and Lincoln.

Maybe one of those relievers and one of those OF brought in for depth would have been wise, but the overkill created a glut of mediocrity and no resources to pursue something good.
    It's posts like this that make me wish we still had the rep system.

Outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    Watching the game today,

1)why in the world is the coaching staff not getting on Taveras to QUIT swinging for the fences??
    Just to update, Wily is getting on base at at .417 clip so far this year. He does that and he can swing however he wants.

im glad Taveras is not trying to hit flyballs.. i was just frustrated.. seeing mistakes that should be worked out in the long spring training.. Bruce is pressing because he is tryingt o hard and not hitting the ball pitched the other way, he is trying to pull off the ball

I didn't see any of his at bats today, but Bruce did go the other way for his single yesterday. It's understandable, I think everyone was frustrated last night.

Turn Off Ads?