Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next up, Milwaukee. (and some Cubs)

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Next up, Milwaukee. (and some Cubs)

I actually like our chances the best in the last 2 games. Wandy was tough at home last year and, like Schmidty said Oswalt owns the Reds. I'll take 2 of 4 but think 3 of 4 is not out of the question.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I really don't like our chances against Oswalt or Wandy Rodriguez. I think Mohler is a must win, he is on his last legs and a run of the mill righty we should handle. Hampton is a wildcard game to a degree.... but I don't like us starting the series with Rodriguez and Oswalt two guys who always seem to have our number.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Yeah Wandy scares me. If I remember right he has some pretty sick home road splits. I just like the fact that we have Harang going and that Houston's offense has been terrible thus far.

They always seem to get hot against us though.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I really don't like our chances against Oswalt or Wandy Rodriguez. I think Mohler is a must win, he is on his last legs and a run of the mill righty we should handle. Hampton is a wildcard game to a degree.... but I don't like us starting the series with Rodriguez and Oswalt two guys who always seem to have our number.
    Mohler is on the DL, so we wont get him.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Mohler is on the DL, so we wont get him.
    Any idea as to who is taking his place? I don't have much knowledge on the Astros minor league system.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty623 View Post
    Any idea as to who is taking his place? I don't have much knowledge on the Astros minor league system.
    Still listed as TBD.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Might as well keep this thread up. We've won both series since it was started and I'm a superstitious guy.

April 22, 23, 24 at Chicago

Tue: Harden
    Wed: Lilly
    Thu: Zambrano
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Might as well keep this thread up. We've won both series since it was started and I'm a superstitious guy.

April 22, 23, 24 at Chicago

Tue: Harden
    Wed: Lilly
    Thu: Zambrano
    Tough slate, there. Our staff will need to keep it close.

Good road trip so far, though!
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

VERY tough slate there. And it doesnt get easier in Atlanta this weekend--Vazquez on Friday and Lowe on Saturday. The next five pitchers we face all have nasty stuff.

If we can go 2-3 over the next 5, I would be pretty pleased.

Harden - Biggest Question Mark game on the slate in my opinion. Can Owings Rebound against a great lineup? Can we continue to draw walks against Harden? Get to the pen early and hopefully win late?

Lilly - Tough lefty with no one from the right side that has been really impressive so far in our lineup. I think this game will be the Cubbies.

Zambrano - This game I like. If we can continue to take pitches and walks I think we can get to Zambrano. He's a hot head who loses his cool when guys get on base. Frustrate him and I think we got this game.
    Last edited by schmidty622; 04-21-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Turn Off Ads?