Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Orlando Hudson...

Orlando Hudson...

...just hit for the cycle against the Giants. The first Dodger to do so in 39 years.

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Orlando Hudson...

Vin is now saying that it's the first time for a Dodger to hit for the cycle in Dodger Stadium. I find that amazing!

Rem
    Last edited by remdog; 04-13-2009 at 06:49 PM.

I'm really surprised the Dodgers aren't getting more attention. That's a lineup that goes 8 deep, solid defense outside of LF, and a pitching staff with a lot of talent, if not experience.

Hudson was really a great addition for them.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Yep. And the Reds had a chance at him too but they couldn't pull the trigger.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Yep. And the Reds had a chance at him too but they couldn't pull the trigger.

Rem
    Unless BP was going to move to SS, that was never really an option. For better or worse, it's been made quite clear that BP to SS was never seriously considered.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Unless BP was going to move to SS, that was never really an option. For better or worse, it's been made quite clear that BP to SS was never seriously considered.
    You're absolutely correct. And I agree that it wasn't going to happen. Just another step in doo-doo by Reds management that won't really spend the money or take the risks that it takes to make this team into a legitimate, long-term contender.

There is another current thread about attendance in Cincinnati. I think that this is a perfect example of why that thread even exsists.

Rem

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Maybe they should have considered moving BP for other pieces that could have helped the team, and brought in the O Dog to play 2B?

BTW, apparently, this is not the first time that the cycle has been hit for by a 'home team' player in Dodger Stadium. However, it was, apparently, an Angel that did it, Jim Fregosi, when the Angels actually did play in LA. I missed the year he did it. I'll try to look it up.

Rem

Jocketty said they looked into it, and decided it would "make them worse at two positions," as Dusty put it. Not sure I agree with that.

Go to Cincy to play for a middle of the road team or go to LA to play for a conyender. Hmmm....

Hudson would not have made a lot of difference. Our rotation is just not that good, despte RZers' overrating it. It might be good enough to contend in a year or so; it's not now.

I'm really surprised the Dodgers aren't getting more attention. That's a lineup that goes 8 deep, solid defense outside of LF, and a pitching staff with a lot of talent, if not experience.

I picked them to be in the World Series.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?