Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dream Major League Lineup of players who have spoken to you (not just signed a ball).

Dream Major League Lineup of players who have spoken to you (not just signed a ball).

...and it doesn't include them telling you to shut up because you were heckling them from the bleachers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dream Major League Lineup of players who have spoken to you (not just signed a ba

Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and Cool Papa Bell all drank with me in a dream once, can I count them on my team with Hal Morris and Willie Greene.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

carmack42

Re: Dream Major League Lineup of players who have spoken to you (not just signed a ba

Well, it'd be all pitchers. And Phillips. Oh, and Griffey, Sr.

Actually, that wouldn't be too bad.

carmack42

My dad's lineup would be the Big Red Machine. Living in Cincinnati in the 70's has its advantages. At least when it comes to making dream lineups.

Mine (players have actually spoken with)

SS Barry Larkin
    3B Chris Sabo
    P Harvey Haddix

Both Larkin brothers and Sabes played a charity basketball event, I think was in Troy or some place like that when I was 7. In 1989 or 90 or so. I remember talking to Sabo who wouldn't take his greasy paw off of my head. Haddix went to my elementary school and dedicated a ball field there a couple of years before his death. I've spoken with many ballplayers just for autographs.

Wow

Bench, Foster, Rose, Sabo, Dibble, Winnigham, Rose, Jr., Seaver, Soto, Nuxhall, Charlton, Benzinger, Graves, Josh Anderson, Stephen Head (AAA) now
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

I actually met Lou Piniella and his mother once down in Tampa when I was a little kid. My dad told his mom how I was a big fan, and she actually reached in her purse and gave me an actual picture that she took of Lou in his uniform on his first day with the Yankees. I should get that thing signed.

Lou and his Mom are immortal.

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Phillips, Weathers, Herrera, (met them at the game in Zebulon) Ryan Sweeney, Josh Fields, Brian Anderson, former Red Pedro Lopez (covered the White Sox's farm team in Winston-Salem for a couple of years and interviewed them, among others), Danny Sheaffer.
    Last edited by CarolinaRedleg; 04-14-2009 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRedleg View Post
    Phillips, Weathers, Herrera, (met them at the game in Zebulon) Ryan Sweeney, Josh Fields, Brian Anderson, former Red Pedro Lopez (covered the White Sox's farm team in Winston-Salem for a couple of years and interviewed them, among others), Danny Sheaffer.
    Johnny Bench gave me a sour look once, does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioballplayer View Post
    Wow

Bench, Foster, Rose, Sabo, Dibble, Winnigham, Rose, Jr., Seaver, Soto, Nuxhall, Charlton, Benzinger, Graves, Josh Anderson, Stephen Head (AAA) now
    I know it doesn't count, but I heckled Stephen Head at a Bats game once (I personally went the high road and didn't incorporate his name; some of my friends were not so gentlemanly). My friends were ecstatic because he smilled and shook his head at us. The same game, Norris Hopper was in right for the Bats. Homer Bailey had just given up his sixth or seventh run, and my friend yelled "Mr. Hopper! What do you think of Homer Bailey right now?" Norris looked back at him and started cracking up. In keeping iwth the thread, though, my mom met Brandon Phillips when he visted the elmentary school at which she works.

Turn Off Ads?