Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Construction at the Riverfront site?

Construction at the Riverfront site?

As a out-of-towner (I live north of Indy - not much Reds' new here), what is the construction going on next to the ballpark. I was at opening day. There doesn't look like there is a economic slowdown at Riverfront. Looks pretty impressive. THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Construction at the Riverfront site?

It is the long anticipated Banks Project. It will be a mixed use residential/retail/entertainment district. The County and city have wrangled ove rit for years but it appears to finally be going full steam ahead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Banks

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    It is the long anticipated Banks Project. It will be a mixed use residential/retail/entertainment district. The County and city have wrangled ove rit for years but it appears to finally be going full steam ahead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Banks

It also includes a light rail system, which features juicy hand-picked government contracts with kickbacks on the back end. Want to know who's palms are getting greased the most? Listen to who the loudest supporters for it are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xGtjhZ_Yg

"But Main Street's still all cracked and broken!"
    "Sorry Mom, the mob has spoken."
    "Monorail!!!"

Hear in Columbus the CBJ has been doing pretty well with their attendance.The Blue Jackets have been terrible for ever but people have alway showed up for games.I think a big reason for that is how nice the Arena District is.There are plenty of bars and other kinds of entertainment well within walking distance for after the games.

A project like this in Cincinnati could really make going to a game more appealing to the younger crowd and anyone else looking to have a little fun after the game.It seems to me that most people I know just go to the game then go home.I don't see many places to hang out at after the game on the walk to the car.If I did I might stop to have a drink or 2.Things like this just adds to the overall experience of going to a Reds game.I know that it won't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfever09 View Post
    Hear in Columbus the CBJ has been doing pretty well with their attendance.The Blue Jackets have been terrible for ever but people have alway showed up for games.I think a big reason for that is how nice the Arena District is.There are plenty of bars and other kinds of entertainment well within walking distance for after the games.

A project like this in Cincinnati could really make going to a game more appealing to the younger crowd and anyone else looking to have a little fun after the game.It seems to me that most people I know just go to the game then go home.I don't see many places to hang out at after the game on the walk to the car.If I did I might stop to have a drink or 2.Things like this just adds to the overall experience of going to a Reds game.I know that it won't hurt.
    park in Newport, walk over the bridge, plenty to do there. i do agree it will be nice to see cincinnati have some stuff to do, though.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Turn Off Ads?