Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: So...who's starting to worry about Homer?

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: So...who's starting to worry about Homer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    It's tough not to be worried about Homer, but it's also probably a bad idea ever to count too heavily on any one prospect. Very few are sure shots, obviously, and if Homer winds up not meeting the hype, there will be somebody else who exceeds the hype and helps the club more.

    Right now, the great strength on the AAA staff is in the bullpen with Roenicke, Bray, Fisher, Viola, Manuel. Not sure too many other AAA teams can match that group in terms of promise.

    Reds don't have a lot of available spots for these relievers right now, but they will have to make some decisions on them soon.
    A mid season trade of Rhoades, Weathers, and Lincoln (if we can get something for him) would be the best route IMO. Contending teams are always looking for vet bullpen help by the middle of the year, and the Reds have the young arms to fill in for any vacancy.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    14,054

    Re: So...who's starting to worry about Homer?

    Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    A mid season trade of Rhoades, Weathers, and Lincoln (if we can get something for him) would be the best route IMO. Contending teams are always looking for vet bullpen help by the middle of the year, and the Reds have the young arms to fill in for any vacancy.

    Reds would only trade the vet relievers if completely out of it. Right now, the veterans in the bullpen are the main go-to guys and it is always risky to break in a batch of young relievers.

    If the Reds stay reasonably close to contention for awhile, the best chance for the AAA relievers is an injury or if someone like Herrera or Massett flames out. They will stick with Lincoln who has a real contract and won't be so easily shipped out.

  4. #18
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: So...who's starting to worry about Homer?

    I was somewhat pessimistic even in s/t I think he was trying to be who he thought everyone wanted him to be with his demeanor, which he nailed. Too me it was just a matter of time if it wasn't a real change and looks like it could be the case. That said look at Josh Beckett the other night, he still has a serious attitude problem. The real problem is his 1st start he was exactly what he had been for so long last season being hittable. So am I starting to worry? Nope I never stopped worrying completely.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,124

    Re: So...who's starting to worry about Homer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I was somewhat pessimistic even in s/t I think he was trying to be who he thought everyone wanted him to be with his demeanor, which he nailed. Too me it was just a matter of time if it wasn't a real change and looks like it could be the case. That said look at Josh Beckett the other night, he still has a serious attitude problem. The real problem is his 1st start he was exactly what he had been for so long last season being hittable. So am I starting to worry? Nope I never stopped worrying completely.
    The difference is Beckett has top of the line stuff. Homer has a Straightball and barely above average secondary pitches.
    @#$% my @#$%^*&

  6. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Blue Ash
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: So...who's starting to worry about Homer?

    You guys are just now starting to worry about him?

    I say trade him for a RH power bat when his numbers come around.
    Who's on first?

  7. #21
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: So...who's starting to worry about Homer?

    Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    The difference is Beckett has top of the line stuff. Homer has a Straightball and barely above average secondary pitches.
    My point exactly.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25