Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: So who hyped up this guy Owings.

Re: So who hyped up this guy Owings.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    after watching this owings guy. i can see why homer was so frustrated that he lost the spot to this loser.
    Did Micah sleep with your partner or something?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I'll be sure to dig up the thread and my post when he's 10 starts in and no sign of the man we saw in Spring Training re-appears. He got lit in Arizona and he's going to get lit here as well.
    PLEASE do, it's a much better idea than crying like a baby after one start (in which he was scheduled late which could have messed with his arm).

Give it a few weeks, sheesh.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    PLEASE do, it's a much better idea than crying like a baby after one start (in which he was scheduled late which could have messed with his arm).

Give it a few weeks, sheesh.
    I watched a lot of Owings last year and was unimpressed with his mirage hot start and then not surprised when he crumbled.

It's going to be worse in a hitters park like GABP. I'm hardly crying like a baby. I want to see Bailey get a full season of starts against major leaguers. Not Owings, who will either be out of baseball or in a long relief 2 role like Ron Villone in a few years.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I just with JayBruce32 would tell us how he really feels about Micah Owings.

I mean, quit beating around the bush!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

I watched a lot of Owings last year and was unimpressed with his mirage hot start and then not surprised when he crumbled.

It's going to be worse in a hitters park like GABP. I'm hardly crying like a baby. I want to see Bailey get a full season of starts against major leaguers. Not Owings, who will either be out of baseball or in a long relief 2 role like Ron Villone in a few years.
    And I'm going to trust the Major League scouts/analysts over you. You may regret making this post, you may not. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    And I'm going to trust the Major League scouts/analysts over you. You may regret making this post, you may not. We will see.
    Listen..... that statement about "the Professionals/scouts/coaches are always right"

That is sheepish to say. It's especially not true in Cincinnati (in any sport). They've been wrong for what? The last decade? Just because the Reds make a move we are not required to think or assume it is the right move.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

I don't think he was too bad tonight.

Burton was much worse. He sure gave up the farm. Owings still had us in it at that point.

Cameron was seriously dialed in tonight and crushed it twice off him. Lets see how he does next time.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    I just with JayBruce32 would tell us how he really feels about Micah Owings.

I mean, quit beating around the bush!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I love JayBruce32 and I don't even know him. He wrote on his website: "listen Jay, you're really worrying us. And maybe we're just being a little paranoid. "

That being out in the open, if you have to state that you might be "a little paranoid" the chances are good that you are!!!!

JAYBRUCE32, do everyone including Jay a favor and not worry so much about Jay Bruce.

1st start in like half a year. Id expect shut outs too.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    I love JayBruce32 and I don't even know him. He wrote on his website: "listen Jay, you're really worrying us. And maybe we're just being a little paranoid. "

That being out in the open, if you have to state that you might be "a little paranoid" the chances are good that you are!!!!

JAYBRUCE32, do everyone including Jay a favor and not worry so much about Jay Bruce.
    I'll probably stop being bothered about it sometime around lunch time or dinner time tomorrow....

but then Friday night in Houston when he goes hitless for 2 K's again I'll need some reassurance again.

I'll probably stop being bothered about it sometime around lunch time or dinner time tomorrow....

but then Friday night in Houston when he goes hitless for 2 K's again I'll need some reassurance again.
    Seriously, are you a woman? I'm not trying to be mean to you. It just would make more sense. You seem a bit obessed?!

seriously guys? I mean, he wasn't great or anything, but he wasn't that bad. One of the runs given up came after Burton got absolutely rocked coming in to take his place. I didn't think he was that great, but i've seen a lot worse outings.

This thread is mature.

This thread is absolutely hysterical. One start. It was one start.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    This thread is absolutely hysterical. One start. It was one start.
    And not even that bad of a start... I didn't think at least.

Turn Off Ads?