Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: So who hyped up this guy Owings.

Re: So who hyped up this guy Owings.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    well it will be entertaining to see how many of you turn when owings in the anchor holding this team down from a wild card spot.
    So who on the current roster would you replace him with?
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

2. Turn Off Ads?

Their is nobody on the current MLB roster to replace him. Why would we replace him right now anyway? We have been in both games that he pitched. If Dickerson could catch, the 2nd game may have turned out a whole lot different. When will the madness of this thread end?

Bum

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    Their is nobody on the current MLB roster to replace him. Why would we replace him right now anyway? We have been in both games that he pitched. If Dickerson could catch, the 2nd game may have turned out a whole lot different. When will the madness of this thread end?

Bum
    Some of you just dont understand me. Im not saying replace him now. We've made the mistake we need to at least carry it out to see if we can catch some luck out of it.

I think we made the wrong choice to begin with. I think homer was the better choice for this year.

As of 3 weeks from now when owings is killing us. Were pretty much up poop creek with trying to replace him.

I admit, I don't understand you...:

Here is something I do understand though: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud, eventually you will just find out that the pig enjoys it.

Bum

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    I admit, I don't understand you...:

Here is something I do understand though: Never wrestle with a pig in the mud, eventually you will just find out that the pig enjoys it.

Bum
    Thats good advice about the pig. I think i will follow it.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Gotta love people that criticize without offering solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Gotta love people that criticize without offering solutions.
    At least they can be the first on the board to yell... I TOLD YOU SO!!!

I mean, why bother posting if you can't be the one to say that to everyone. Who needs solutions when you have message board superiority?

well it will be entertaining to see how many of you turn when owings in the anchor holding this team down from a wild card spot.
    Is this the same BG from other threads, cause this seems like an imposter to me, he makes sense on others, but this is just weird. None of us are saying Owens is the man, and that we wont look at other options if he doesnt turn it around, we just didnt throw him under the bus out the gate
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Some of you just dont understand me. Im not saying replace him now. We've made the mistake we need to at least carry it out to see if we can catch some luck out of it.

I think we made the wrong choice to begin with. I think homer was the better choice for this year.

As of 3 weeks from now when owings is killing us. Were pretty much up poop creek with trying to replace him.
    Ok, fair enough, enlighten us, why do you think Bailey was the better choice? Numbers and stats say otherwise, so whats your view? How is his performance in AAA making your wrong choice look right now, and dont give me he is just upset he was demoted-if he gives up that easy, he is lost and I dont want anything to do with him anyway- he cant help anyone that way. If anything, he should realize he would get a chance at some point, and likely soon, and needs to be ready, as it is now, he is prob 3 or even 4 choice to come up on based on performance so far....
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Ok, fair enough, enlighten us, why do you think Bailey was the better choice? Numbers and stats say otherwise, so whats your view? How is his performance in AAA making your wrong choice look right now, and dont give me he is just upset he was demoted-if he gives up that easy, he is lost and I dont want anything to do with him anyway- he cant help anyone that way. If anything, he should realize he would get a chance at some point, and likely soon, and needs to be ready, as it is now, he is prob 3 or even 4 choice to come up on based on performance so far....
    Agreed. Owings needs to get it going, but he isn't going to get shelled every time out. Bailey's issues seem to be mostly in his head and if he is not doing well because he didn't make the team then I'm not sure he exactly has the mentality of a big leaguer. His attitude should be, "well... I must have been demoted for a reason, so I'm going to have to work harder to make it back." It seems that Rosales has taken that to heart. The same goes with Gomes w an OPS of .886. Bailey's WHIP is 1.86 in AAA. That is awful. Bailey certainly doesn't seem like a nose to the grindstone guy.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Damn, this Owings guy stinks.

I am not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread but it will be interesting if Owings will by bypassed for a DH during inter-league play.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I am not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread but it will be interesting if Owings will by bypassed for a DH during inter-league play.
    We could actually use the DH for someone else, right? Would it be too damaging to the confidence of Paul Janish if Owings hit for himself and someone DHes for Janish?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Damn, this Owings guy stinks.
    This thread should be locked and done away with.

Owings backed up everything I've said today.

I have more concerns with Volquez at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    This thread should be locked and done away with.

Owings backed up everything I've said today.

I have more concerns with Volquez at the moment.
    I'm not an Owings basher, and think he should be on the team, but i'm not sure 1 start backs anything up, just like the 1st two starts didn't make him a terrible pitcher either.

Turn Off Ads?