Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: So who hyped up this guy Owings.

Re: So who hyped up this guy Owings.

so if owings goes 2-9 with 5.80 ERA at some point this season your cool with that. >?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    so if owings goes 2-9 with 5.80 ERA at some point this season your cool with that. >?

Where did I say that? How is 5.80 a sub-5.00 ERA?

And that 2-9 record would depend on what type of run support he is getting. If Owings is 2-9 and losing a lot of games 4-3 or 3-2, then I could care less what his record is.

At this point I can only assume you are posting inflamatory responses to get others riled up. Either that or you have reading comprehension problems.

Daryl Thompson...one good minor league season and an injury waiting to happen and he has passed Bailey as a prospect? Not even close. Thompson will probably be converted to a reliever just so he can stay healthy...if that works...Bailey may never pan out but he hasn't been passed by any of those guys mentioned.

This thread gets funnier and funnier. How about you don't post about Owings again until his ERA is 5.80 or higher and he has a 2-9 record?

Bum

The conversation isnt about homer. Its about owings hype. And him not living up to it.

Common sense thing.
    There is no hype.

You imagined it. :

after watching this owings guy. i can see why homer was so frustrated that he lost the spot to this loser.
    You turned it into Homer vs. Owings thing first. Don't get on others when they point out that your dog don't hunt.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

The conversation isnt about homer. Its about owings hype. And him not living up to it.

Common sense thing.
    Guess this is where I bow out, as I never saw or thought of any hype about him really.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

never saw the hype. You must not hang out much around here. And i really dont feel like thread digging to show you the hype.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I recall a debate between Owings and Bailey during ST about who should be the 5th starter, but I don't think anyone was predicting a Cy Young Award for either. That is a discussion of which player is better, not "hype" for one.

i sure wasn't

never saw the hype. You must not hang out much around here. And i really dont feel like thread digging to show you the hype.
    I got dub your posts on here (of course not that it means jack), so am around enough, adn nope, stil lnever heard much hype. I read plenty between him and Bailey for the #5 spot, but agian, never read it as hype. Again, maybe just my thoughts on a number 5 and expectations and reality?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

If hoping someone can be a league average starter is hyping him then I am guilty for hyping up Owings I guess.

Although I would venture to bet that his numbers as a #5 starter are about the average for all #5 guys so maybe I was right.

I have heard a lot of hype about Bailey over the years. The only hype on Owings I have ever heard is that he is a great hitter. I think he might be the best hitting pitcher in baseball (IMO), but I did not read (and anymore all I do is read on this site) a lot of hype on Owings pitching. I remember a lot of people talking about how they thought he would do better than last year (as he has recovered from injury) and that he did well in ST. I just think someone is trying to pick a fight at the wrong time. Give him a couple of more starts.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    So, since ya got it figured out, who ya replacing him with then? I agree you should always look to improve, seems commomn sense that goes for any position, but there is also a thing called reality. Geez, I have already gotten in mid season defensive mode already
    It's not a certain person. It depends on a lot of circumstances. Could be a midseason signee if the Reds are in contention like Paul Byrd or Ben Sheets. Could be Homer Bailey if he gets things straightened out. Could be a trade that brings in someone.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

I could only find one small thread dedicated to Owings in the last month or so.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74503

Doesn't seem like a ton of hype to me.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

well it will be entertaining to see how many of you turn when owings in the anchor holding this team down from a wild card spot.

Turn Off Ads?