Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jay Bruce is cursed, probably will end up sent to AAA soon

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Jay Bruce is cursed, probably will end up sent to AAA soon

OK. The guy can't buy a hit. He either hits it hard right at someone, or he K's or he grounds out.... this looks like it's not going anywhere for a while. I fully expect it to be a season long thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sent down soon. So frustrated.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jay Bruce is cursed, probably will end up sent to AAA soon

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    OK. The guy can't buy a hit. He either hits it hard right at someone, or he K's or he grounds out.... this looks like it's not going anywhere for a while. I fully expect it to be a season long thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sent down soon. So frustrated.
    i dont know about the sent down thing. but he sure is stinking up the place.

Dude, your more than just a little paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Dude, your more than just a little paranoid.
    I think I've been pretty rational with patience. Something is wrong. This isn't going away. He isn't getting hits off run of the mill guys. It's more then just a slump its a curse. And I'm willing to do anything to break it but I don't think it will matter.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

I think I've been pretty rational with patience. Something is wrong. This isn't going away. He isn't getting hits off run of the mill guys. It's more then just a slump its a curse. And I'm willing to do anything to break it but I don't think it will matter.
    I would try holding your breath until he gets a homerun.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

I think he doubts himself and his abilities a lot right now. I read a quote his mother said when he won minor league player of the year that he's constantly questioned himself if he belonged and I think by watching him right now its not health, it's not ability, it's a self confidence issue. He is doubting himself and he's about to enter dangerous territory (see Justin Upton)

next thing that will snowball things even further will be Dusty (instead of leaving him alone no matter what and letting him work through things like he did Corey Patterson last year to no avail) he'll start hitting him 7th or 8th and further damage his confidence. You watch.

next thing that will snowball things even further will be Dusty (instead of leaving him alone no matter what and letting him work through things like he did Corey Patterson last year to no avail) he'll start hitting him 7th or 8th and further damage his confidence. You watch.
    Easy man, it's a slump - that's it. He's playing OK right now. Last night he had 2 walks. He's starting to see the ball. His defense was nice tonight.

Dusty won't drop him in the lineup because of 8 games. Relax.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

this place, I swear, sometimes...

I don't think Bruce batting 7th or 8th is such a bad idea.He still would be playing everyday.The only problem with moving him down in the lineup is that you can't move the guys batting 7th or 8th up because they are doing far worse then Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfever09 View Post
    I don't think Bruce batting 7th or 8th is such a bad idea.He still would be playing everyday.The only problem with moving him down in the lineup is that you can't move the guys batting 7th or 8th up because they are doing far worse then Bruce.
    would be a terrible idea based on confidence being hurt.... and lack of protection (which I think is the problem now).

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I think EE should be adequate protection. The problem is Bruce making terrible decisions about which pitches he swings at.

8 GAMES...repeat...8 GAMES...

would be a terrible idea based on confidence being hurt.... and lack of protection (which I think is the problem now).
    He's hit in front of EE pretty much all year. I don't know that it is a lack of protection. Even if it was his OBP doesn't justify a move up in the line up. I think he's just a young kid going through some growing pains. He'll be alright. He's just not the lord and savior that everyone thought he was.

I think Jay Bruce is a flash in the pan. His career is over. (sarcasm)

Turn Off Ads?